[ twelve ]

[ twelve ] 

After the movie had finished, Luke had nearly dozed off and Mitchell surprisingly had stayed awake the entire movie. Now, she turned excitedly towards Luke. "That was the best - movie - ever!"

Luke smirked sleepily. "Told you," he yawned.

Mitchell sighed in content and stretched out, her limbs splayed out in all directions, taking in a deep breath and exhaling it when she was done. Luke chuckled at her. "Did that feel good?"

Mitchell hummed and nodded, eyes only now drooping. She laid her head onto his shoulder and he readjusted quickly to make her more comfortable. Mitchell made an amused sound. "Relax, you're fine," she said.

They both lay there in a comfortable silence until Luke decided to break it, being rather brave in his opinion. "It must be fate that we met, huh, Mitchell?"

Mitchell sat up very seriously, almost all traces of drowsiness gone. "Don't say that or else you'll jinx it. Fate just ruins everything."

He was surprised and a bit hurt, but he just pondered, "Hm, I didn't know you were so superstitious."

"I'm usually not," she sniffed, "but the past seven years, seven months, and twelve days have made me exactly that."

Luke looked at her in confusion but he knew by the look on her face that she wouldn't say anything more and that she was mad at herself for even opening her mouth.

And, honestly, as Luke just sat there, missing the feeling of her head on his chest, he also wished he hadn't even opened his mouth.

-

IK IK TOO SHORT CONSIDERING I HAVENT UPDATED IN A MONTH BUT U LOVE ME ANYWAY RIGHT??