[ six ]

[ six ] 

Mitchell gasped as she arrived to the food court and her eyes immediately landed on their table. Someone was sitting there. A random family who looked like they had just sat down.

Well that was wonderful.

She sat at a nearby table where she had a good view of them, but the music from the speaker straight above her head was overwhelming her, so she moved a little farther away.

She took out her journal and started writing, squinting over at them everyone once in a while, observing.

Journal,

Today the most obnoxious thing that could ever happen happened.

Someone is sitting at the table that I'm meant to be sitting at. And my note is there. I can see it from where I am right now: nine down from the golden pole, three right from there if you're staring at the doughnut shop. Maybe if I sit right next to them and crane my neck a little I'll be able to unfold it and read it, but no, they just had to be sitting there when I got to the mall.

Sometimes I hate fate. 

She scratched that out and rewrote it underneath, ink smearing on the back of her pinkie finger. 

I hate fate.

It ruins everything. 

-

She nearly whooped with joy as the family finally left the table and ran to it before anyone else could, cutting off the path of a woman trying to balance two trays and get to the table at the same time.

She felt guilty for a fleeting moment until her hand reached the note. She opened it and devoured every word greedily.

It wasn't like she particularly enjoyed him or his company; she just liked the fact that someone was paying attention to her. It hadn't happened in seven years, seven months, and ten days now.

Dear the most lovely and sarcastic person I've ever laid eyes on,

My friend was reading this over my shoulder and he whistled and said, "You picked a feisty one, didn't you?" I punched him in the face, just like you said you would do to me, so I hope you're proud of me.

Ah, you're a walking contradiction, too, aren't you? Considering the fact that I see you every day at the mall, reading my notes and angrily writing your adorable response. Yes, I come to the mall every day, but, by the looks of it, so do you.

And yes, I'm a dude, if that's really what you were wondering haha.

Much love (I'm not kidding),

Lu

PS That's not my whole name, obviously, but with every note you'll be a letter closer. It won't take long, my name's pretty short. I'm sad because you won't tell me yours.

PPS I got the right table this time, right?? :( 

Despite herself, Mitchell actually laughed at the sad face he had drawn, showing his childish desperation for reassurance that it was the right table.

She decided she might as well write whatever came to mind instead of taking the note home and pondering on what she should write, because it seemed that that was what he was doing: writing spontaneously.

Dear someone who uses flattery too much and common sense too little,

Not sure how your loss of a friend benefits me, but thanks. (???)

You watch me as I reply to you? Are you watching me right now?

"Adorable," "lovely," "breathtaking." Are you sure you're not referring to Julie Andrews or something? Because I'm positive you're not talking about me.

Glad you're not a girl, because I'm straight.

With reluctance,

M

PS Is that enough name for you? That's my entire first initial. Consider yourself lucky.

PPS You're a dork.

ok immortal by marina is literally so good i cry im putting it on the side bc i love it so much

zaIN JAVAAD MALIK IS 22 WAT

do u see the gif on the side. that will be my job when i grow up. no jokes children i will live to touch erik durm's abs yes thats right !!!