Chapter Eight

Authors Note: This is 100% Dedicated to JENFKOVACS who is giving me LIFE right now with all of her amazing feedback on this story! So much love for you, girl!!! 

---

Outside the parked tour bus, rain fell down in heavy sheets, audibly pummeling against the metal recreational vehicle. The occasional flash of lightning interrupted the otherwise dark sky, accompanied by a roaring clap of thunder. Inside the bus, the band and girls were trying to keep themselves busy, unable to venture out due to the rain and unwilling to drink thanks to the killer hangovers they all had from the previous night of partying.

"BOOM!" Johnny yelled as he tossed his pencil down. "Yahtzee, motherfuckers!"

"God dammit!" Jimmy shouted, banging his fist onto the table. "I hate playing board games with Johnny!"

"I swear he cheats," Val agreed, shaking her head.

Aubrey chuckled as she sat on the couch, reading a book and semi-watching Val, Johnny, and Jimmy play Yahtzee at the table beside her. Brian lounged on the couch across from her, drinking a beer and fiddling with his guitar, playing different scales and different riffs to warm up his fingers for their show in a couple hours. Matt and Zack were playing a video game on the other couch by the TV.

Suddenly, Aubrey's phone vibrated beside her. She glanced at the screen. It was a text from Brian.

She looked over at him; half of his mouth was curved up in a subtle smirk.

She opened the text. You look so god damn sexy in that dress.

She glanced down at her attire. She was wearing a light blue cotton t-shirt dress. It was short and fitted but otherwise very casual. Not what she would consider sexy. But she decided to go along with it anyway.

Oh yeah? She texted back. You like it?

Fuck yeah I do. He replied. I've been rock hard ever since you walked in.

She glanced up at him. He moved his guitar off of his lap briefly to show her the straining bulge that left a delicious outline in his pants.

She smirked, suddenly having an idea, then texted: Mmm. I bet you'll really like what I'm wearing underneath the dress then.

...what are you wearing underneath that dress?

Abruptly, Aubrey stood up without saying a word and disappeared into the bunk hallway. Brian took a sip of his beer and stared at her empty spot on the couch, confused, wondering if she wanted him to follow her. Surely she wasn't trying to romp around on the bus again, but why had she gotten up without another word?

Before he could text her to ask her where she went, she reemerged from the hallway and resumed her spot on the couch, as inconspicuous as ever. He mentally kicked himself for being so dramatic - she probably just went to the god damn bathroom. Then he received another text.

As he took another sip of his beer, he opened the message. His breath got caught in his throat at the sight of the text, and he immediately started choking on the beverage. Aubrey smirked smugly as she watched him sit up straight and move his guitar out of the way, trying to catch his breath as he coughed into his closed fist.

Johnny snorted at his bandmate as he glanced over at him. "Ha, I remember my first beer."

Brian flipped him off, still coughing.

"You okay, B?" Valary asked, looking over at him with concern.

He nodded and gave her a thumbs up, though he still coughed. The guys and Val were so blind, it almost made Brian laugh. Fucking idiots. So oblivious. It was almost fun to just keep them in the dark and laugh about how blind they are.