Chapter Four

The merch area was separated from the main stage by a wall, which bummed Aubrey out as she couldn't see the guys while they played. But she would take momentary breaks from the merch booth when there were no customers to peek around the wall and catch a glimpse of the guys playing.

She felt an odd sense of pride when she watched them perform. Yes, they had become her friends, but she felt bound to them by something more; she was really proud of them. She was even starting to learn some of their songs, which made sense when she heard them night after night.

Her favorite part of their set, by far, was anytime Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates (because, yes, she did feel like they were different people on stage) played guitar riffs and/or solos side-by-side. It was so aesthetically pleasing but also really cool to watch them play so closely together.

And just like always, watching Brian play as Synyster Gates sent tingles between her thighs. She always made a mental note to stay away from him after the show. They hadn't hooked up in days, but she still had to remind herself each night that no matter how much she enjoyed having sex with him - which was A LOT - she had to stop. And the guys were so amped after shows, she was bound to end up beneath him if she didn't watch her back closely.

The show ended fairly early that night due to a local curfew law for promoters, so everything was accounted for and loaded in the storage compartment before 11 o'clock that night. She met the guys in the green room, and as always, they were amped and throwing stuff around.

"AC!" Jimmy shouted as he did a cartwheel and landed at her feet.

"What's up?" She said with a laugh. "You guys sounded great tonight."

"Thank you, beautiful woman," Jimmy replied as he jumped to his feet. "We're gonna head to this strip club down the road, do you want to come with us?"

At his bandmate's question, Brian snapped his head up and watched Aubrey's face closely to gauge her reaction to them going to a strip club.

She laughed. "Nah."

"Val is going," Matt offered. "Just in case you were worried about being the only girl."

She smiled in appreciation but she wasn't feeling the strip club tonight. "I think I'm just gonna stay on the bus tonight. Thanks though."

"Alright, well, all you other bitches need to hurry and shower, because none of those fine ass strippers are gonna wanna shake their asses on your smelly, sweaty balls, so let's get a move on," Johnny demanded, clapping his hands twice to speed everyone up.

"Bossy little bitch," Zack commented as he rolled his eyes.

None of the guys moved, completely ignoring Johnny's request.

Brian was still mostly focused on Aubrey's face, but she didn't seem bothered by their plans. Not that he expected her to be. But most girls would be. Although, if he's learned anything at all these last couple weeks, it's that Aubrey is not most girls, as cliché as that sounds.

Once everyone was ready to go, they walked out of the venue together and said their goodbyes to their merch girl.

"You guys have fun," Aubrey said as she separated from the group.

"Okay, if you change your mind, call me and I'll tell you how to get there!" Valary told her.

"Thanks!" She called back as she walked toward the parking lot. But instead of walking to the bus, she kept walking down the road, wanting to view the small town they were in. Not much was open at that hour, but she enjoyed seeing the cute little shops that were probably bustling with customers during the day.