Chapter Three: Starting Over

"When is she going to wake up Kelen?" i heard a female voice say

"When ever she does Sarah." from only two sents in the room i gussed this man talking was Kelen

When the door opened i stiffened up at the thought of being attacked, i slowed my breathing down to try and calm my paceing wolf to no avail. A new sent came into the room and over beside my bed, i could tell it was a male sent by the testosterone. The malle grabbed my arm and stuck a needle into my arm, and tapped it.

"Lets see her get that one out, i saer if she does it again im ganna staple it to her." the man said woh i figured was the doctor.

I senced his back was truned and scratched at the needle till it came out, i peeked through my lashes and saw the doctors face turn red at the sight of the needle. I couldent help but smile into a wide grin, they all gasped as i opened my eyes. I looked out the window to see Ari and Luckas, i could tell Ari didnt want to be here. When she tryed to  get farther away from him he attacked her, that was all it took for me to shift and bust through the door. I was only vaugly aware of three other wolfs comeing behind me.

When i came  into veiw and Ari saw me she ran to me but was nipped at by lucas, i ran and launched at him. I pushed him back into the woods and nuddged Ari to the other wolfs comeing up  behind me. When he came out and saw me i knew at that moment we were not to be together, he dipped his head and challenged me with a growl. i mimicked his movements and we cirled eatch other, accepting the challenge.

You cant win Kya your not strong enough just come home to the pack..

I dont have a pack Lucas i have the rouges and that is it!

You belong to me! You are my mate Kya!

No lucas i regect you as my mate and that is final.

I stood tall as i said those words, as soon as i was finish i felt like i was being stabbed and the connection in our minds was severed. He looked away for a second and that was all it took for me to flip him on his back sink me claws into his abdomin, and bit his throught. He squirmed under me just hurting himself more, i tryed to stop but all my mind was seeing was a red ball of rage. Ari came and nugged me, from the look in her eyes i could tell once lucas and i were disconected he and Ari found eatch other. But i couldent  let go no matter how hard i tryed, she finaly got mad enough and shoved me off him. When she did this she lay over him growling at me, telling me to try it. As she was growling the red smoke clearded and i got down as low as i couldon my belly and put my head to the ground, i started to crawl slowly whimpering at her. I got close to har and licked her muzzle.

Ari looked at me and chuckled, she licked my muzzle back. I sprang up far enough to give her space to get up. I dipped my front body down to the ground and wiggled my tail,  when she got off of lucas she mimicked me and we ran at each other barking and yipping. We tummbled down a near sode hill and ran into an older female wolf holding robes on her back. She jestured to them and i figured that it was time to shift back, i grabbed two and nudged Ari torwards the woods. Minutes later we cme out to see every one in robes.

"I swear i have never seen two grown shadow wolf paly with eacother like new born pups!" said  the woman laughing

Ari laughed and i gave a polite chuckle, lucas came forward to go to Ari but i intersepted and stood in front of her. He growled at me and i returned it, Ari put her hand on my shoulder and i turned to look at her.

"Ill be ok you always know when to portect me.. ok" she looked at me with puppy dog eyes (it only worked with her

i didnt respond, but i moved out of the way. I moved behind them to give them privacy but to still watch them.

"Hey new person come over here." i looked over at the fire and saw Kelen

"And why should i do that?" i said grinning at him\

"Burgers!" Shouted the doctor

That time i left Ari behind and ran to the grill.

"How many?" the doctor asked me

"Four with cheese, and pickles no bun." i said

"Boy some ones hunry!" i heard Ari come up be hind me

"You would be to if youve been sleeping 12 trank darts!"I said pokeing her tummy makeing her giggle

I turned and grabbed my plate and sat down on the closets log next to the fire, By the time Ari came to sit i was already done and was eating dessert.

"Hot candy canes girl how many times have i told you to slow down?" she said staring at me

we looked at eatch other and said at the same time"Too many to count!"

We burst out laughing and every one stared at us. As we settled down i went to lay down at Aris feet and she put them on me, there was the sounds of confusion from the new group. I turned to tickle ari when a wind blew through and i stifened, Ari knew me well enough to move her feet and let me sit next to her on the side the sent was comeing from. Kelen saw the change and looked at the way i was staring.

"What is it? i dint see anything." i heard kelen like he ways miles away.

I felt Ari grab my arm and pull me away from the sent int the other side of thee woods.

"Yeah we have to go. come on Kya." she said dragging me

I could hear kellen following us into the clearing.

"KYA look at me what is it?" Ari truned my face so i looked at her

"Its gone the sent is gone, it was there it was watching you and me. Its a shadow Ari, i just know it i would... it was so familear. like i have.. god i dont know. But Ari there was a smell of smoke like actual fire not shadow fire. And the eyes god Ari the eyes they were like burning embers..." i was looking off into the distance when i said that

"You just described Eric without even knowing him, he is the cheifs son.. how could you smell that he has no sent." kelen looked at me like i was growing another head

"He is at the camp fire we need to get back, Ari you are to stay with me ubderstood." i looked at her and she nodded

When we walked through the woods to the camp fire, i saw him his chissled features and muscular build my stomich flip floped... why am i ding this. I walked to the farthest log away from him, something was off, the entier walk we glared at eatch other. Shadow wolfs dont get along and are very teritorial to new commers. Ari rolled her eyes at me and grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to the fire, and of corse i sat next to him to portect her not fun!

"So your the one who destroyed the doctors door, dont wory ill find a way to punish you" eric said winking at me

I didnt even talk, i threw an awkward right hook and dislocated his jaw.

"Yeah no that will not be happening you sick person."I smiled sassyliy at him

He looked at me and growled at me, but lppked into the fire.

"You are going to have your handfull with this one eric." sarah laughed

"You dont feal it? your wolf paceing your stomich flip floping at the sight of your mate.."kellen looked at me

"Are you kidding mejeesh the gods must hate me i cant get a break with this crap ! i am going to bed lucas you come get me if anything happens."I walked up to lucas who towered over me at six foot four "And if any thing happens to her you will be held responsibal and i will come after you."

i walked to the edge of the woods when eric caought my hand "Were will you stay?"

"Not with you tjats for sertain. And its nonoe of you bussness," i turned to ari "I am going home you can stay or come just call me if you  are comeing home."

"were do you live?" kellen asked

I smiled at the comment "If you want it that mutch figure it out" i winked at him and walked off

I heard erics grolw and shook my head, males when will they learn. it didnt take long to get to our abandoned house, i ran up the stairs shifted and ploped into bed to tierd to even get pjs on. I pulled the covers around me and fellasleep to the sound of humming...