End of the fourth year

Edited/Rewritten: June 7th 2019

"The dark lord shall rise again." My cries became quieter as I heard this, but I kept my head down. Everything went quiet as another voice spoke.
"My wand, wormtail." My eyes widen as I refused to move.
"Hold our your arm..."
"Master..." wormtail replied. Again, I inhaled sharply and tried to steady my breathing. Thunder sounded as a few deatheaters appeared.
"Welcome my friends. 13 years it's been and yet...here you stand before me as if it were only yesterday. I confess myself, disappointed." He paused.
"Not one of you tried to find me. Not even you..." He paused again and I looked up to see lord Voldemort walking over to someone.
"Lucius." The man in question fell to his knees.
"My lord, If I even detected the slightest sign or whisper-" the Malfoy was interrupted by the dark lord.
"There were signs my slithery friend. More than whispers." My eyes widened and I looked at where Harry was and back to Cedric and then to the speaking pair. I blanked out what they were saying because to be quite honest I didn't care. I stood up and as quietly as possible, made my way over to Harry. I pulled at the concrete pinning him to the grave, but with my luck it didn't move.
"Oh, tch tch tch tch. Such a handsome boy." Upon hearing this I looked over to the source of the voice to see Voldemort moving Cedric's head left and right with his foot.
"Don't touch him!" I shouted as Harry continued to try and get out of the graves grasp. The dark lord turned to face me as did the deatheaters.
"Miss Rivergold. I suggest you don't speak to the dark lord like that." I heard Lucius warn I looked at him and shrugged.
"Don't touch him." I took a few steps towards him and circled around to the other side of my motionless friend as Voldemort turned to Harry, forgetting he was there for a moment.

"I can touch you now!" I snorted at this statement.
"Way to not make yourself sound like a pedo." He glared at me as he released Harry and forced him into a duel, soon using the cruciatus curse on him and forcing him to stand up.
My hearing gave up on me because everything was so loud. I watched as red and green lights snared together in a fight to death.

Harry released the spell and brought the port key to himself, me and Cedric. We reappeared to the clapping and cheering of the school. Harry has an arm over Cedric while my head remained on his chest yet again.
"Ced..." I whispered, letting tears fall onto the corpse. Harry started crying and Hogwarts students came down to us, clapping and cheering. Fleur stood from her seat, a mortified expression on her face as she saw the Hogwarts student beneath Harry and myself, she screamed. Realisation hit Dumbledore as he came down the steps towards us.
"Harry. Harry!" Dumbledore spoke, trying to pull Harry away as he put up a fight to stay by Cedric. My mother rushed over to me and placed a hand on my back, rubbing circles as I cried.
"What's happened?" The head master demanded.
"It's him! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back! I could leave him!" The music had died down as did the cheers, all that was heard was either someone talking or my crying.
Murmurs erupted around us as we were comforted and Mr Diggory pushed his way through the crowd.
"That's my son! That's my boy!" He wailed as he knelt beside us. Harry was pulled away by Mad-Eye moody as my mother just sat beside me. Silence fell around us and I lifted my head, mascara running down my cheeks.
__________________________
I was sat in the common room, talking with Pansy when Draco, Crabbe and Goyle walked in. Upon noticing, I stood up and walked over to them. Pansy watched from the chair as I growled.
"Your father won't be able to have this, but I sure as hell can give it to you." And with that I punch Draco's jaw yet again, this time knocking him to the floor, he held the injured bone.
"My father will hear about this." He sneered as I have him a dirty look.
"I bloody well hope so." I sneered back. "He let an innocent person die, almost letting two others die along side the other. When you next see that son of a bitch tell him that losing my cousin would be like your mother losing you. It's not fucking easy Malfoy, it never is."
And so I continued on, storming out of the common room and into the girls dorms.
__________________________
**************************
I heard the door open as I lay under the blankets refusing to get up today. Yesterday we had an assembly to remember our fallen Hufflepuff student. The flags that hung in the hall that day were black and the yellow letter 'H' hung on them. Today was the day we'd all be going home to our families as the end of the school year was now. Pansy physically dragged me out of my bed and forced me to get changed and pack. I did so and laughed most of the time as she kept rushing me.
"See! There's that smile!" I laughed again and now that I was changed, followed her out of the building and into one of the courtyards.

Most of the school had gathered in it to bid good bye to the other schools. I sat in an archway, happily watching as Hermione was given a piece of paper by Krum and Ron got kissed twice.

The French girls, walked through the corridors as everyone waved and bid them goodbye, followed by the Hungarians. The Pegasi flew away, drawing the carriage as the ship submerged itself back into the water.
__________________________