Chapter One: The One Where The Cookie Crumbled

Yeah...It's finally up. Once again, the story is still on the amateur level...give it a try, it's not like we'll tie you up to a chair and stick your eyes with cello-tapes to keep them open and make you read it ,hey? Laugh on it.

Enjoy! :)

~*~

Imagine that one moment, where the spotlight is on you and nobody else.

The crowd loves you for who you are, and what you've written connects to them.

The person connects to them, & that person was Audrey Blair, Author of Break-Up Blues, New York's No#1 bestseller.

"So Audrey, how does this newly found fame feel?", The T.V. show host smiled at her.

Audrey gave a small smile, "I'm still in the hangover. You know it's not one of those normal days when you get a call from your manager saying your book has sold a million copies!", She threw her hands up for the effect, and the audience laughed with her.

They loved her! Her manager Kaylee had taught Audrey to adjust to the spotlight, and she was doing a great job at it.

"So, why do you think your book," the host enquired, picking up Audrey's book, "Has achieved so much, despite being under the non-fiction category?"

"Non-fiction always speaks the truth, My book, is actually more of a guide. It tells each woman out there that, if a guy has left you for some-one else, do not cry over him because he is not worth your tears," she took in a quick breath, she had rehearsed these lines long before.

"Just remember, you are a strong and independent woman, who does not need a man to complete you."

The audience erupted into applause. Audrey's smile grew wider.

Yup, she could definitely get used to this!

"So what else is there in this book?" The host pressed on.

"There are actually, a few tips, to find out when your man is cheating, a few signs and examples to know when to kick him to the curb!" she explained and laughed.

"Okay then Audrey! We have a couple of fans waiting on the line who would love to speak and share some experiences with you." the host said, and nodded to the director.

"Hey there! This is Audrey Blair, who's on the line?" Audrey spoke, leaning forward from her seat.

"Hello Audrey Blair, this is Ryder." a voice spoke, and a series of gasps ran through the audience.

Ryder.

It was THE Ryder.

Ryder, from the Ride it with Ryder show.

On normal circumstances, anyone would be over-whelmed to have a radio jockey talking to you.

Well, this wasn't normal.

Ryder was the most brutal radio jockey in the history of radio jockeys. Yet, people loved him. They loved his mocking comments, they loved his unashamed candor.

"Ryder..." Audrey started, giving a nervous laugh; she did not know his first name. But then again, nobody did. "What a surp-"

"Yeah, yeah whatever!" Ryder cut her through. The very excited crowd was now silenced, all eagerly waiting to know what Ryder would dish about on Audrey.

"So that's it? This is all the book is about, some so called guide to break-ups?" He questioned.

"Yes, it's not only men who can crush the heart of us women, and then pretend like nothing ever happened..." Audrey replied confidently, she had not prepared for anything like this, yet she hoped she would silence him.

"You're cute Audrey, saying how each woman does not need a man, well how bout you feminists stop bothering us men all times?" Ryder challenged.

"Women deserved to be treated well, so why should we sit and watch while you-"

"We're not guilty here love," his smug voice cut her mid-sentence.

"What right does it give a woman to snoop around on everything we do? May it be our cell-phones, or the places we go...-"

"Why are you afraid of building a relationship based on trust?", Audrey shot back.

There was a moment of silence on the other line, until his obnoxious voice spoke again.

"Who was it Audrey Blair?", Ryder lowered his tone, the crowed was even more eager now.

"Who?" Audrey shot back, confused but scared of what might come next.

"Him, the guy who broke your heart into pieces and made you who you are today."

Unbelievable.

Audrey was shocked to her core. Ryder has now and forever, silenced Audrey Blair.

"And that, ladies & gentlemen, is how the cookie crumbles" he recited his infamous dialogue and the line went dead.

Nope! she could not get used to this.

~*~

So? What did you think of the first chapter? Loving Ryder/Hating Ryder? What should his first name be?

COMMENT. VOTE. FOLLOW.

Thank you!