Chapter Six: The One With The Facebook Request

It was Ryder's attitude that made Audrey hate him in the first place.

The mean, king-of-anything attitude.

Yet, she surprised herself by liking it, just this once.

The reporter's blush was replaced by a fuming red rage. Ryder in the sweetest way told her to shut up, and she was not taking it in easily.

Audrey made a note to thank him later for saving her, and planned on how to make it as less awkward as possible.

She actually thought the day would never come when she would thank him, which made it all the tougher.

Aria, looked down on her mike, and let out a deep sigh. She then, composed herself and looked right at Ryder.

"I apologize for that question Mr. Ryder," she confessed, Audrey felt a victory beat in her mind. "However-" she started.

"Just a little request from most of our readers, they want just one picture of you two kissing. I mean, it's a normal couple thing-"

"That would be unnecessary" Audrey cut her through.

"And why so?" Aria shot back.

You're not supposed to ask that! Audrey screamed at her in her mind. She took a deep breath in and tried to think of suitable words.

"What Ryder & I share is a newly blooming relationship, " she started, and a few "aww's" echoed from the audience.

"As we've made it clear before, this is not a Publicity stunt, so I sugge-"

She never got to finish it, but there were still some hooting and cheering from the audience as Ryder cut her through.

By planting a kiss, which most of the cameras really liked.

Audrey was so stunned, she kept her eyes open.

She felt his hand tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear, he then kept a hand at the back of her head, pulling her closer.

He smelled fresh musky deodorant, and she could taste the mint on his lips. She slowly felt her body relax and closed her eyes as she accepted what was happening.

Audrey Blair was kissing Ryder.

~*~

Ryder was confused of his own actions, but as he kissed her, all he could think was, how soft her lips were and how he could move in closer if there were any space left.

After what seemed like 10 seconds the couple broke apart. Leaving the "Rydrey" audience in Nirvana.

He just kept staring at Audrey's face, searching for some emotion. He braced himself for their little publicity stunt to collapse if Audrey chose to slap him, but some part of him was convinced that she enjoyed it just as much as he did.

"Audrey?" he asked in a whisper, "You okay?"

Her face held a deep shade of red. She was still stuck in the same position, and as she stared at him, her mouth slightly opened just to say one word.

"Wow..."

He smiled victoriously, yup! She definitely enjoyed it.

~*~

Audrey quickly composed herself. Wow? Why would she say wow? She wasn't exactly impressed by his kissing skills.

And it was obviously fake, just to feed the bait to the reporters.

She looked at him, and she could bet that there was no smirk that was wider than his. Yet, they both silently turned to face the audience.

"Now, Ms. Aria, is that enough proof?" He spoke. The crowd searched around but found no trace of the reporter, who practically came to sabotage but left in embarrassment.

Ryder leant into the mike again. "Well, I guess that clears it up for everyone. We are together. And we don't need to prove it to anyone else, anymore." and with that, got up, took Audrey's hand and led her backstage.

Audrey followed blindly, with only one though in her mind.

Wow...

~*~

"That was great!" and overly-excited Kaylee came up and hugged Audrey. "And you!" she turned towards Ryder. "Man, what are you doing behind that radio, go on to Hollywood!"

Ryder laughed. "Yeah, but wouldn't that be unfair to all the other actors?"

"Okay, jokes apart guys." Connor said. "Audrey has a kids charity foundation event she has to attend in two days." He announced.

"So, we need you to make an appearance there too." Kaylee informed. "You're up for it right?"

Ryder looked at Audrey.

"You say we can pull it off?" he smiled.

"If you do the talking and keep your lips to yourself, yes." She regained her sarcasm.

"Are you kidding me?" Kaylee deadpanned, "The kiss was the best part!" she squealed.

"Yeah, Ryder usually does not stick to the script. But I'm glad he didn't this time." Connor joined in.

Kaylee and Connor laughed on agreement, while the other two just had "Awkward" written on their faces.

"Well, Connor and I are gonna head out for lunch. You guys are free for the day!" Kaylee informed them, Audrey let out a breath in relief.

"But whatever you do, don't forget to kiss when the cameras are near!" and with that, skipped away without a care in the world, linking her hands with Connor.

"So..." Ryder started, stuffing his hand in his jean pockets nervously, "What do you-"

"Don't try and listen to Kaylee. She's my best friend, but she's crazy!" Audrey cut him through, sending a glare.

"Well, she is your friend." he smirked.

"Good. Keep irritating me. You won't live much longer." She replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

Silence.

"Look, I'm kinda tired, I'm just gonna, uhh, head home, and nap." She said, looking at Ryder.

Nap? Seriously? Which adult says nap?! She cursed herself.

"Umm, okay, cool." He smiled at her.,"So, you'll give me a call or?" he waited for her reply.

"Give you a call for what?" she snapped.

"You know, if Kaylee tells us to meet up somewhere or something." He said, restlessly scratching the back of his head.

"Oh right, yeah..." she looked down in embarrassment for snapping at him without listening to him properly.

"I'll uhh, add you on Facebook?" she replied.

Way to go Audrey! She cursed herself.

~*~

A/N: This chapter was inspired by the amount of awkward moments, I had experienced this week.

Sorry for the late update, not a good chapter but whatever...it might get better :)

COMMENT. VOTE. FOLLOW.