Chapter Twenty Three

(Time Skip)

(Time Skip)

My eyes were blinded by bright light....the wind was warm with a little chill. My hand hovers above my eyes to give it some shade...this is nice, finally being able to breathe and enjoy the outdoors in peace. I look down at my shoes they were pressing down on the grass as I walk. I look back up to see ahead of me was Helena, under her arms were crutches--assisting her with her casted leg. She attempts to place a bouquet of flowers near the tombstone but her leg is stopping her from bending any lower. I approached behind her, placing my hand on her back. She manages to get as low as she can and gently drops the flowers near the tombstone. She straightens her back with a slight groan.

(Y/n)- " Whoa--take it easy" my hands hover around her just in case she loses her balance.

(Helena)- " Now that theres finally peace...I probably can." we continue to look down on Deborah Harpers tombstone for a moment or two. The wind blew a light breeze--making my hair lift lightly with it.

(Helena)- "You and Leon managed to pull it off....." she broke the moment of silence.

(Y/n)- "Did you have any doubt?" I furrowed my brow to her with a slight grin.

(Helena)- " I might have at first...when you and leon reunited, I knew right away you were gonna be difficult." I took a step back, shocked at what she had said.

(Y/n)- " What-- What makes you say that?"

(Helena)- " The way you two look towards each other in silence."

(Y/n)-" Its been years since we last saw each other..." I looked down towards my feet, thinking back to Leon and I's first encounter back in that rural part of Europe . He went above and beyond to saving Ashley and I from the villagers....swore to get us back. I place my hand towards my back, there rests a scar on my skin. Every now and then I get a peek on it, just reminds me of the worst and best parts of my life.

(Helena)- " Anyway...I wanna say thank you." I nodded, no words came out of my mouth. I did what I had to do.

(Helena)- " Speak of the devil.." I look to Helena who was looking else where, I turn to see what she's speaking of. There heading towards us was Hunnigan and Leon. His clothing appearance has changed, dark blue jeans with boots and a black thermal long sleeve with the sleeves rolled up to his forearms. The look fit him, dark colors fit his physic well.

(Hunnigan)- " (Y/n), nice to see you again. Helena, how you feeling?" Hunnigan addresses to me then to Helena. I couldn't help myself, my eyes look towards Leon's direction. He was focused on Helena, then his eyes quickly caught mine. I was startled by his quick reaction-- I quickly looked to back Hunnigan.

(Helena)- " Much better, thank you. Glad to see your in one piece." she turns her stare towards Leon. He faintly grins and nodded his head.

(Helena)- " Whatever happens next, I'm ready." My head turns to her-- she had her eyes down on the ground. Leon steps forward and takes a hold of Helena's wrist, takes out a pistol places into her hand. She looks down at her returning weapon-- she was puzzled.