Chapter Fifteen

(Time Skip)

Tap, tap, tap...my boots stepped through every puddle as we make our way through the market place. It's so empty...I could only imagine this place being flooded with people. Up ahead was green double doors. Leon tries tp push on the door but it was locked.

(Leon)- " Oh great. Three separate locks."

(Y/n)- " Damn....You think the keys are out here somewhere?"

(Leon)- " Mhm, maybe.." a squishing sound caught our attention. A decapitated pigs head rolls off the massive pile of meat. It's mouth opens--revealing to be a hand crawling out of it. Its eyes start to pop out for another hand to crawl out. Oh my god-- what the fuck?! Something from the meat pile-- throws the body of the pig aside...it makes this sound-- similar to a pig squealing. It wiggles out, wilgging out like a worm.

(Y/n)-" What the hell is that?!" my feet plant to the ground, my hand grips my gun tight. This thing looks like it belongs only in nightmares-- I want to run away as fast I can-- but I can't.

(Leon)- " Guess that's why the whole street is on lock down. The residents were trying to keep it out." the creature vomits out something-- but it grows out to be its lower half, coming together to fuse as one. I might have gasped or something-- it made Leon's body twitch.

(Leon)- " Don't be afraid. You faced worse than this" he must've sensed my fear somehow.

(Y/n)- " Yeah--controlling parasites and Salazar's right hand man...this one's different."

(Leon)- " We got this." The hand that was crawling on the ground is getting awfully close. I stepped forward and tried to stomp on it. It jumped to avoid my foot, he leaped up and latched onto my face.

(Y/n)- "Ahhh!! Grhhh! Get off of me!" It's grip covered my eyesight-- tightening causing little pain to my temples. I step back-- moving around to get it off of me. Leon grabs onto the hand and yanks it off and tosses it towards the creature, standing up right like a human being. I gasp at the sudden attack of the hand. We look towards each other, none of us saying anything.

(Leon)- " That's new."

(Y/n)- " Still think we got this?" I reminded him of his words.

(Leon)- " Yeah." Leon charges at the thing and slides under before it swings its long skinny arm to harm him. I tilt my head to the side, he stands behind it now holding something in his hands. A faint red light blinks just below the things feet. Oh shit-- I shield myself using my arms. An explosion shakes the ground. The creature explosions into pieces. It squeals near Leon, slightly moving. I sighed. He's Always so sure he can take down anything...I'm starting to believe that. The creature turns over on its torso-- what?! It's not dead?!

(Y/n)-"Uh--that didn't work!"

(Leon)- "I see that."

(Y/n)- " Now what's the plan?"

(Leon)- " Start looking for the keys, stay away from it as possible!" I nodded, we sprint in different directions getting a start to searching for the keys.

(Time Skip)

(Leon)- " I got the seond key" he informs me inside my ear.

(Y/n)- " I think I'm on route to finding the last one" I look over my shoulder, good...I don't see them. I had two of them waddling right behide me--I guess they're gone. I look to the device for guidance, the key is this way. Just have to go up the ladder-- shuffling sounds were happening behind me. Damn! They found me. I start to climb the ladder, quickly as I can. Step, step, step-- my eyes focus on griping the ladder. As my eyes reached the top-- there on its hands and torso-- squeals the creature.

(Y/n)- "Aghhhhghhh!" I scream at the top of my lungs-- my hands lose grip of the ladder, falling back, my leg slipped in between the spaces of the ladder, as I fall back hanging upside the ladder-- my head hit the metal bar. Ah---I groan, my head had small waves of pain coming and going. My eye sight was blurry for a moment...it came clear once I noticed two of those things were right below me--and one just above the ladder. Only one of my legs was caught, holding myself to the ladder. My other leg slips through with the other one and I hoist myself up to grip the ladder upright. I take my pistol and aim at the thing above me, Bang, bang! Two shots fire, its hand detached itself and falls right on me,landing on my back-- crawling on my shoulder. Its long fingers touching me!

(Y/n)- "Gahh! Get off! fuck off!" I reached over my back to grab it. I couldn't reach for it! I held tightly to the ladder with my right had and let go with my left. I reached for it on my left side, ah ha! Gotcha! I tried to throw it off my me but it grabbed onto my hair-- pulling my head back.

(Y/n)- "Ahhh!" I looked up to see the rest of the body fall. My eyes widen. It falls right onto me, I fall off the ladder. My body lands onto some hard-- soft cushion. I know its nothing safe, it was those other two creatures that were following me. They were wiggling around, to try to stand on its feet. I quickly squirm-- my body getting all types of chills. Skin, touching there's. I quickly turn over, into runners position and sprint out of the huddle of the creatures. I breathe in large amounts of air, running in different turns of the market place-- away from those things. Left, Right..left-- my body collides into another body. My body reacts by screaming-- thinking it was another one of those.

(Leon)- " Hey--hey! It's me! It's me!" his voice trying to calm me, he places his hands on each side of my upper arms. I pant-- my chest rising up and down, it was getting slightly harder to breathe.

(Y/n)- " Th--ey ar-e right behind-- me" I tried to calm myself...relax, (Y/n). They're far away and Leon is here.

(Leon)- " Come on." he takes lead--I follow behind him, keeping really close. My chest tightens, this is way to intense on my body.

(Y/n)- " What about the key?"

(Leon)- " I got it." oh thank god-- I wanna get out of here already. We make our way to the locked doors. Leon inserts the keys and unlocks them all. I shut it behind me. I cough a few times, I can barely breathe. feels like I'm breathing through a straw-- I'm having trouble breathing. I hunch over, with my hands on my knees.

(Leon)- " Hey-- (Y/n). Look at me....breathe" he steps closer to me. Placing his hand on my back gently. I straighten up-- chest expanding unevenly. I'm trying-- I can't, I'm freaking out! His hands reach up to my shoulder and one to the side of my face. His thumb softly rubbing my cheek, our eyes meet. His blue eyes not moving anywhere--just focusing on me. Only me.

(Leon)- " Breathe." he says once more. I inhale deeply and exhale slowly. I do it a few more times, Leon was being patient with me. Inhale.....phew....exhale. My chest felt tight-- but not a breathable problem sort of way. My heart beat seems to have slowed down...I feel okay at the mean time. I place my hand over his near my cheek. I held it for a moment.

(Y/n)- " Thanks." I say with a dry voice. He drops his hands and they hang loosly by his side.

(Leon)- " Come on, we don't want to miss Simmons"

(Y/n)- " Right."