(11) He's Really Here

Picture of the cast on the side--> If you're online
CHAPTER 11

                The next two weeks go by uneventful. Nothing has happened, no drama, which is good. I have enough of that in my life already as it is.

                The next day, after I met CM, I barely made it to class on time. I was extremely exhausted, and I spent the day falling asleep in class and avoiding much conversation with anyone. Luckily, Libba didn’t notice that I’d disappeared the night before, but unluckily, Libby did. She’s the one who put the rock in the door for me. When she questioned me about it, I made up some lie about meeting up with someone when I left, which is actually somewhat true. I’m not sure she believes me though, but she hasn’t mentioned it again thankfully. I haven’t told anyone about CM. I don’t know why. Maybe I enjoy him being my little secret… even though I have enough of those as it is.

                But by now, it’s kind of eating me up inside. CM is too great of a secret to keep to just myself. I have to share him with someone. And I know just the perfect person too.

                It’s a Friday, and classes have yet to start. I have no idea why I’m up so early, it’s six o’clock in the morning. Everyone in my dorm is asleep, so I go down the hall to take a quick shower, and thankfully there’s only a few early birds there, so it doesn’t take me longer than fifteen minutes to get ready.

                I text her, and by some miracle she actually responds with her dorm room number. At first, I’m shocked that she actually gave it to me, but I quickly get over my shock and practically run to her room. It’s on the first floor, and is literally next door to Libby’s dorm. Room A14. I feel like such an idiot. All this time, and she’s been right here?

                I’m standing right in front of her door, my lips morphing into a small smile—already I can smell her scent. It’s a bitter-sweet smell, matches her personality perfectly if you ask me. I raise my hand to knock on the door, but just as my fist is about to make contact with the thick wood, the door rips open, and she snatches me inside, quickly shutting it behind us.

                I frown and rub my arm, there’s a slight pain from where her long nails practically dug into my skin from her grip. I’m sure she meant no harm, she’s just… rough. My gaze lands on her unfairly beautiful face, and I’m smiling again. “Hey.”

                “Hey yourself,” Azrielle responds, a cautious frown growing on her face. One of her perfectly arched eyebrows shoot up. “What is it that you actually want? You’re not getting your flat irons back.” She says firmly, as if it isn’t even up for discussion.

                I take a moment to asses her, thinking enviously how unfair it is that she looks so good in the morning. I was used to it at home, but it’s been a while.

Rolling my eyes, “I just wanted to talk, that’s all.” I respond, and I can’t help but add, “And they were mine, before you stole them.”

                “Borrowed them.” She corrects me, brushing me off with the wave of her hand.

                Looking around, I can see her dorm isn’t much different from mine. Obviously there are different decorations, and her walls are even a different color from mine, but other than that it’s pretty much the same. Though I do notice, bitterly, that it’s slightly bigger than the one I share with my roommates. “Nice dorm,” I comment, and plop down on Azrielle’s bed. I know it’s her bed because it’s the messiest one, plus it smells like her. She makes a face at me for sitting on her bed, but doesn’t say anything about it.