Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“What the Fuck?” Exclaimed Dan.

“Are you shitting me?” said Lisa.

“Crap,” muttered Jane, “how the fuck am I supposed to fix this?”  

Abby walked over to the window and looked out through the blinds.  “Hey Jane, none of your neighbor’s power has gone out, we probably just short circuited something.”

“Handy for a girl.” Said Cameron stupidly, making Lisa roll her eyes.  Normally this would call for one of her famous castrating tangents, but she was too faded to care about anything except getting the lights back on.

Lisa was strong, confident, and capable, but like most people, she was terrified of the dark.

She would be damned if anyone saw that though.

“Where are all the fuck buddies?” She said harshly, referring to all of the couples who went upstairs to hook up.

“They are all upstairs still.” Said Dan.

Their attitudes were so calm, and casual, no one realized the true severity of their situation.

“Did they all go into the same room?” said Bella.

“They totally did.” Said Dan, with a chuckle.

“Are they still fucking?” said Cameron.

“No, if they were still fucking, we’d hear it.”  Said Lisa, “I mean did anyone else hear those screams earlier?”

“I kind of did but the music was too loud.”  Said Dan.

“Must be good fucking if they can match the music, we had that shit on LOUD.” Said Joe.

“They must be passed out.” Said Jane.

“All in the same room!  Horny bitches.” Bella said shaking her head jokingly, not realizing no one could see her sardonic body language with the lights off.

“Dudes, lets scare them!”  Cameron blurted out in what he thought was a moment of genius.

Joe and Dan immediately lit up as well as Bella and Jane, Abby seemed indifferent, and Lisa had to bite her lip because she thought it sounded like the most juvenile thing ever.   But she knew when to just go with the crowd, this was one of those moments.

Jane grabbed a flash light from the nearest junk drawer.  She gave it to Joe who along with Cameron led the group up the stairs and around the corner.

First they counted down from three, and built the tension, they decided as group they would scream “Raid! Raid! Raid!”  While jostling the lovers from their fuck slumber.

“Three... Two... One!” Joe Shouted, and they burst through the door, flashing the light straight onto the bed, to see white sheets turned red and pink tie die with blood and the mutilated corpse of Collin straddling the mattress in a weird angle.  The flash lights immediately followed the pools of blood which lead to the corpses of Dylan, Jessica, and Carly on the floor, mangled, bloody, with a look of terror stuck in each of their dead and wide open eyes.  

The entire group was struck with panic.  

Bella screamed and Jane was about to vomit, but what came out was instead a scream because Joe made one turn of the flash light and found the Black Widow standing in a corner of the room.

Before any screams could be mustered, with a panther like reflex The Black Widow struck.  

A display of horror and brutality erupted so quick and furious no words could properly describe it.  

Within one step, leap, and reach, the Black Widow buried a knife into Joe’s gut, within milliseconds, the Black Widow used a second knife and before Cameron could turn to flee his AND Bella’s throats were cut.  Dan had turned to flee as Abby, Jane, and Lisa had, but he was too far into the room, and with one stab, the knife had penetrated his back like a tender steak.  His body immediately fell and the Black Widow quickly stepped over the body and turned the corner, coming face to face with three terrified girls.  Three terrified girls who were backed into a corner of the upstairs hall way, because the Black Widow stood by the corner before the stairs, blocking their only exit path to the front door.

The girls were trapped.

They were backed into the very end of the hallway, seemingly with no place left to run.  The Black Widow didn’t hesitate and she advanced on the three, not too slow, but not too fast either because she wanted to savor this moment in particular.  

Lisa quickly kicked the door of the room nearest them, and the three rushed in, just as The Black Widow’s knife missed Jane.

The killer turned and made another thrust for the girls, but her knife was stopped when Lisa swung the closet door shut.

Now the three were in a closet, fortunately the door could be locked from the inside, and all three girls held their bodies against the door.  The Black widow struggled to pull her knife from the door.  Once it was unjammed she banged and kicked on the door endlessly.  She used all the force she had to try to push the door down, but the girls held their ground.

But it didn’t matter because they were still trapped like rats in a cage.