Overheard

After having made her decision to depart with the prince and her supposed brother in three days, Goku wondered if she should tell Bulma as she flew to said friend's home. Never had the orange clad warrior ever not told Bulma everything, especially something as important as her friend going into space for who knows how long. Yet as Goku mused over it in her mind, she wasn't sure if dealing with a raging Bulma was the best way to spend her last three days on Earth. A small frown appeared on her face, Goku felt a little guilty hiding the truth but it wasn't like she was lying, she was just withholding information.

Goku landed softly on the large expanse of lawn in front of Capsule Corp. At the silent arrival, Bulma's always bubbly mom didn't notice her daughter's best friend slip past as she watered the brightly colored flowers. Pushing down her power level, Goku slipped inside the glass slide door connected to the kitchen. The smell of cookies in the oven instantly over toke the female saiyan before Goku reprimanded herself, "No, you are here for one reason and one reason only."

Though as she said it, Goku didn't know why she was there anymore. Hadn't she decided not to tell Bulma? The warrior flinched at the realization, if she still had her tail it would be sticking straight up and puffed, she had to leave now!

Creeping back towards the door the sound of Chi-chi's voice hit Goku's ears quietly. Curiosity instantly flooded Goku who instantly proceeded to instead sneak around into the hall. The voices slowly started to sound louder and louder as Goku crept closer, the adrenaline rush she loved so much starting to pick up. Coming upon the living room, a wide innocent smile of a child being naughty drew itself on the female warrior's face once she caught sight of the familiar black hair of her friend Chi-chi.

The smile fell drastically once Goku actually started to comprehend the words.

"You found this at Goku's?" Chi-chi questioned.

Bulma gave a curt nod before handing something small over to the other. "The language it was set on was one unfamiliar to any data base here on Earth but I was able to install a program that translated it into English for me using it's own hardware," Bulma explained quickly.

The summarized process ran over Goku's head, the female warrior had never been good with complex things such as technology, unless they were involved in fighting or combat of some kind.

"This belongs to Radtiz you say?" Chi-chi asked, "But I remember his being green not pink."

Bulma was silent and stared at the mismatching screen of the scouter before looking Chi-chi in the eyes saying, "Well Raditz is the only one we know that has this kind of technology, so that's the only logical explanation of its origin."

"Unless this was given to Goku by Raditz," Chi-chi immediately replied holding up the scouter.

A small gasp escaped Goku making her clamp her hands over her own mouth. That was Vegeta's!

"Your right! That's probably why I found it discarded outside, Goku probably didn't even know what it was and was fiddling with it before a butterfly came by and she started chasing it," Bulma giggled.

Goku huffed at the insult, she wasn't that ADD. Besides that's not what happened! Not that Goku was going to jump out and defend herself, it was better if her friends pondered and created their own explanation without discovering the prince, besides, the prince was hers!

A small growl emanated from the eavesdropping warrior before she once again slapped a hand over her mouth and pushed herself on the wall away from the doorway.

Bulma and Chi-chi seemed to not have heard the animalistic growl but Goku decided it was time to leave. Her heart was pumping too much in fright to be healthy anymore.

Slipping out of the house and jumping high into the sky, Goku fled her friends for the first time ever. What was wrong with her?? She had growled! Actually growled and all because of the prince? Sure he was cute but growl at her best friend?

The saiyan woman put a hand to her forehead, there was no way she could tell Bulma her feelings now. The mixed storm of emotions for Vegeta was a challenge and puzzle Goku would have to solve on her own, she was already in too deep now to blow everything. Speaking of blowing up plans, Goku realized she would need to come back to get that scouter. It was a trail right to the prince, Goku would have to steal it that night to prevent that.

Goku's eyes widened, stealing? From her best friend? With a shake of her long black spikes of hair, Goku cleared her head and filled it with determination. What needed to be done would be done, Vegeta and Raditz depended on it.