Choices

Vegeta slipped his back against the rocks and muttered to himself. Raditz had blown off his behavior as the actions of a love sick school boy who was desperate. Not desperate for sex! But rather desperate to get Kaka to come with them to destroy Freeza. The degrading excuse nagged at Vegeta's pride but he refused to acknowledge it, deciding to live in denial.

With a huff, Vegeta crossed his arms in a pout. The weakling third class had left after Kaka had said she believed her long lost brother after a few seconds of thought. For some reason Kaka was still hanging around, meaning Vegeta couldn't move in fear of being seen.

Suddenly, a loud splash came from behind Vegeta, making a wave of water fall over the prince. Vegeta quickly spat out the water that invaded his lungs. A snarl formed on Vegeta's face while he shook the water from his long black spikes. The last straw had finally snapped of his short temper.

"Oh my Gods Kaka! What the fu-" Vegeta yelled but soon cut short with his mouth slightly agape as he registered what was in front of him.

Goku hovered about a foot above the rushing river with a fish larger than herself trapped in her arms. A large smile adorned the female warrior's face as Goku threw her catch far onshore. Vegeta's outburst didn't go unnoticed though as the prince's deep voice was caught by her sensitive hearing.

Now the two saiyans watched each other in silence. One simply surprised about the sudden discovery of the other while the other couldn't keep his eyes from running over the last female of his species.

The woman had shredded off the cumbersome orange layers of her gi, leaving the tight blue shirt and blue spandex shorts she wore under her pants, before diving down into the river to fish. The clothes that were already designed to leave nothing to the imagination were making Vegeta use all his willpower to not nose bleed everywhere and turn the river red now that they were wet.

"Hey Vegeta..." Goku said shyly especially when she noticed the extra attention her body was getting from the prince's roaming eyes. It was slightly uncomfortable and the awkwardness grew with every passing second, but she allowed it. Goku had never really had a crush before so she assumed perhaps this was just another one of the odd behaviors that accompanied a 'crush'.

Deciding the ball was in her playing field after a few more moments of silence, Goku coughed to hopefully snap Vegeta's attention to her face. It worked as the flustered prince suddenly snapped out of whatever trance he was in.

With eyes and cheeks now hinting pink, Vegeta stared straight into Kaka's face, afraid to look anywhere else and get sucked in again. That pull, that primal urge, was back! Nappa said it only came out when the moon was up and it was almost noon! There is no moon up! In the back of Vegeta's head he was making sure to remember to later 'consult' with the older saiyan.

"Would you like to have something to eat? I could easily go catch another fish," Goku asked with a small smile, sensing Vegeta's discomfort. It was different to feel such negativity towards her person, usually people loved being around her. She wanted Vegeta to know that it was alright that he liked her and it was ok to feel relaxed. Never would she dream of playing with another's heart.

Vegeta scowled and shook his head before turning away.

"No, I'm fine. Just figure out your decision. We leave in three days, whether you help your brother and I or not," Vegeta said with a gruff voice.

Goku's eyes widened and she felt her heart fall at the cold rejection. Guilt plauged her as she looked to the ground.

Not hearing an answer Vegeta started to make his leave but not before a hand rested on his shoulder after jumping in the air. The saiyan prince looked over his shoulder down at Goku whom had a gentle smile. Something shone in her eyes that was unknown to Vegeta, all he knew is that it was meant for him and only him. Goku's hand felt warm, the simple contact making Vegeta stone still as he awaited what the saiyan woman wanted.

Goku gazed around at the forest she loved and grew up freely in. There was no way she would allow herself to indulge in her carefree life selfishly while this man and her brother fought for their own freedom. A right Goku believed everyone deserved.

"Tell me where to be three days from now," Goku asked calmly.

Vegeta was silent, was she really deciding so soon? Then a determined smile appeared on the saiyan woman's face. A smirk formed on Vegeta's face in return, "I'll come for you, don't pack, we will provide everything you need."

Goku let her fingers slip from the shoulder pad of Vegeta's armor as he flew high up before zooming off into the distance.