Cover For Me

Chapter 4 Cover For Me

/Random Planet/

"You will be fine Nappa."

"I won't be if Freeza finds out," Nappa complained for the hundredth time.

Vegeta turned to glare at him, "You will stay and that's an order."

Nappa opened his mouth to retort but closed it angrily. A simple nod was given to his prince, an order was an order.

Vegeta watched him before turning to walk to his space pod, "I have already stayed to help you kill everyone on this planet, just take your time selling it. That work alone should allow adequate amount of time for Raditz, Kaka, and I to return."

"But that should only take a week or two! It will take you at least two days to reach Earth," Nappa stated, standing in front of Vegeta.

"Get out of my way you bald fool, I am aware of that," Vegeta easily shoved Nappa aside, "And if this takes longer, you are to stall as much as possible. I don't care if you must start a new mission to cover our absence. We will come when we do, but I don't plan on leaving you in the danger zone for long, so shut up and be patient."

Nappa retained a growl and stood to attention as Vegeta stepped into his ship.

"You will report to me everyday, without fail, understand?" Vegeta commanded from the seat.

"Yes sir," Nappa mumbled in spite.

Without another word to his subject, Vegeta closed the door, and set the coordinates as the computer asked where he wished to go.

Vegeta hated being in these small cramped ships, whether a day or a month. Turning on the system for long flights, gas filled the chamber. This sleeping gas was only supposed to be used for year or month long travels. He didn't care, it was too unpleasant in the cramped space.

"I haven't slept in days because of that mission, about time," Vegeta mumbled before falling into a deep sleep.

/Back on Earth/ (right after Raditz left)

"Goku? Are you alright?" Bulma questioned, placing a hand on her best friend's shoulder.

Goku looked up at Bulma and just shook her head, "I don't know. I didn't even know who he was. His power level was amazing, and he seemed so ready to fight."

"I sensed it to, that man is a danger Goku, you must not trust him."

"Who, who said that?" Goku stated, looking around. She couldn't believe it if Raditz came back so soon.

"Piccolo!" Krillin yelled in horror. Goku turned her head to above Kami House where Piccolo stood with his arms crossed.

"What are you doing here?" Chi-chi immediately questioned, still rallied to defend Goku.

Everyone tensed up as they watched Goku's biggest rival land on the ground in front of them.

"I saw everything that happened. I sensed the strong power level, it felt like Goku's, but it wasn't. So I went to check it out and found Raditz."

"So you think I shouldn't trust him?" Goku questioned.

"Duh Goku, that man was ready to rip your head off!" Krillin shouted at her.

"But he didn't," Goku argued with a scowl, "He didn't hurt any of us."

Bulma sighed, "You never know Goku and truthfully, I agree with Piccolo."

Goku looked ready to shout but soon calmed, "Then is it true he is my brother?"

Everyone one looked at each other.

"We don't know, but I would feel a lot better if you stayed at Capsule Corp with me," Bulma pleaded, "And if Chi-chi did also."

Goku was now done, "I'm not a child anymore! I defeated Piccolo before and I'm now stronger than any of you! I can take care of myself!"

Before anyone could say anything, Goku flew off to her home at full speed. Tears started to come down and were instantly swept away by the rushing wind.

"Goku..." Krillin said silently as he watched her disappear.

"I think that's the first time she picked flying instead of Nimbus," Master Roshi noticed sorrowfully.

Bulma bowed her head, "I'll apologize to her later, it's just you guys know, she is so naive."

"Yes, but you also needed to believe in her," Piccolo interrupted, "It's insulting to see the only and last person who defeated my father being treated like a toddler."

The group stared at Piccolo after his statement. Without another word, Piccolo got up and flew off.

Chi-chi was the first to break the silence, "I think we all know what needs to be discussed right now. I actually think this Raditz is her brother."

"What? Why do you think that? There is no way-" Krillin was cut off.

"Don't tell me you guys failed to see his tail," Chi-chi said slowly.