Chapter 9: Ready to Run

x C o u r t n e y x

I got up, took a quick shower and got dressed. I ran downstairs to check on the boys

"Any updates from Natalie?" I asked walking down the stairs. Liam shook his head . I sat down next to him and sighed. 'What about Zayn?" He shook his head again.

"Not even a call," Liam mumbled. "Or a text," Harry added with a sigh.

"Don't worry Courtney, Natalie's a smart girl.". Harry recalled . " She just needs to discover her inner intelligence and strength," Harry added.

"But she doesn't know how to go through New York on her own!" I complained .

"Don't worry Courtney?." Louis said walking in and sat down next to us. I sighed. Just then Mr.Maxwell walked in and sat down. We all looked at him in surprise.

"Mr.Maxwell,aren't you working today?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Not without Natalie home I won't" he sighed. "She's going to be so grounded when she get's home." He said angrily.

"You really do career," I said to him. He nodded like I was crazy.

"Of course I do, she's my only daughter,why wouldn't I care?" He asked.

"I wish Natalie was here to hear that" I mumbled into Niall's arms.

"What do you mean?" asked Mr.Maxwell. "What else do you guys know that I don't?" He added.

"Sir,there's something about your daughter that maybe you just don't understand," Harry recalled. Mr.Maxwell looked at us in shock and confusion.

"what is it?" He asked. We all looked at each other and sighed. "Mr.Maxwell,Natalie thinks you don't care about her " I admitted.

He shook his head in confusion. "How could she think such a thing?" "Well you're always breaking her promises and you never keep them, she's always telling me how you would ditch her." I blurted He looked in disbelief "Ï-I never knew Natalie felt that way" he admitted . "I thought she understood about my job,she knows I have to do the best since her mother died," he added

I nodded. "let's just hope Zayn got to New York safely, then he can get Natalie's in the-troubled-ass back home," added Mr.Maxwell. "Have you heard anything from him?" asked Liam

He shook his head and sighed.

" I do so much for her , I give her all this , I even have fu*king One Direction living with her and she still wants out." He mumbled into his hands as he rubbed them against his face.

"Should that be taken in as a compliment or?" Niall asked in confusion.

"Not now Niall." Harry chuckled.

"Sir , Natalie is truly and dearly a smart and strong girl , she will come home." Harry insisted.

Andy smiled a bit. "Thank you, son, Natalie would tell me how close you two have become , you really are a great friend to her , she needs someone like you in her life to keep her motivated," Andy added.

Harry sighed. "Anything for her." He says.

I look at Harry in confusion.

x Z a y n x

"Hey!" whispered a Voice.

"Wake up dip head!" yelled the voice. I shot up and looked.

"Are we here?" I asked in shock. I felt my heart jump two beats ahead. He rolled his eyes.

"That woman must sure be lucky," he said sarcastically. And he walked away. I got up and glared.

"She is lucky and for your information . She's into me!" I say pointing to myself. He turned and smirked