Chapter 5

"When you start seeing worth, you'll find it harder to stay around the people who don't".
-Unknown

Finally with all the courage i had, i asked him...!!! He gave me an angry glare after hearing me. "I just came from the office. And you really want to spoil my mood!" He said glaring at me. "I didn't want to spoil your mood. It's just that my classes will start from next week onwards. And i really want to go. I want to complete my studies and....

"And what? And what is your next plan? Do you seriously think that i am going to leave you? And you are girl. Girls don't go out and work. You are supposed to be inside your home and look after your husband and kids!" He answered even before i could complete my words.

"And yeah, how many kids do you want? Ok, lets plan from now itself. What say?" Oh my god, here i was asking him about my studies and he was thinking about having kids. I realised that he would never let me continue my studies. I think he was actually changing the topic.

"I asked you something. We need to have kids.., don't we?" He was asking me the same question again. "I don't know, i..i mean we..we just got married. Don't you that you are rushing it?". I asked him not even able to meet my eyes with him.

"Do you seriously think that you are still a kid? You are 19. And you are all grown up. Just get this straight. You are not going anywhere. You will stay here & look after me and my family".
So, that was the end of the conversation isn't it? I thought vaguely.

Azeem draged me to his side just like the last night. My heart skipped a beat as i was near him. I didn't want to do this. It hurted me. But i had no option. "Come here sweetheart..!" He grabed my hands. His heavy body was on the top of my body and i just couldn't move. My body was being squashed. I felt suffocated with his weight on top of me. And it happened just like the last time!

Morning i called mamma as i was really missing my family, my home. "Hello, how is you beta? I was really missing you. Why didn't you call me?" Mamma asked me when she answered my call.

"You could have also call me mamma. But you didn't. Did you almost forgot that you have a daughter too? And I know you are lying. Why would you miss me, you have so many people around you. Paapa, Aisha, Diya..!!" I was really angry as no one bothered to call me even once.

"Don't say that. We all miss you. And did you just call me so that you could fight with me. And you know, yesterday I stopped your paapa from calling you". I could here papa asking her to give him the phone. "But why mamma? Why would you do that?" I asked her frustrated.

"Arrey, i told him that you must be busy with your husband. Spending time with him. I asked him not to disturb you both.... hahaha..!" Yeah, spending time! I actually didn't want him around at all. "Seriously mamma? Are you mad or what? You people can call me whenever you want. And what is there to laugh so much? Mamma, i don't know how is paapa tolerating you..!" My mom was such a dramebaaz.

"It's my fate beta. I am tolerating her tantrums for the last 22 years. What can i do?" That was paapa on the line. May be he grabed the phone from my mamma. "Hello paapa, I really miss you. I wish i was there with you". A tear dropped from my eyes as i heard my paapa speak. God.., how much i missed him. "I miss you too darling. Now, i think i got you married early. I shouldn't have listened to Jahan. I feel miserable without you!".

Papa said his voice trembling. I had a sudden urge to go home and give him a tight hug. But i know, i couldn't. " It's ok paapa. What's done is done. You just can't regret thinking about it now. And paapa, do you even know how happy i am? Azeem is really a very nice man. You know, whenever he is around me, i feel like i am with you paapa. He just like you!".