13. Riding Shotgun With A Maniac On The Road To Crazy

13

"What?!" June exclaimed. "Ten million?!"

"Keep it down June." I whispered.

Once we got home and got settled in June and I had a little sleepover and I told her everything. Spencer was at his house and is coming over later.

"That's crazy! I mean that happens like never!"

"I know. I'm still kind of angry with Spencer though."

"I would be too! But at the same time so excited."

"You think I'm not!" I laughed.

"What are you going to do with the money?"

"Hmm...I think I'm going to put it in a savings account. We're splitting it. Five million a piece."

"That's still a huge amount of money."

"I know. I'm going to any college I want at this point!"

She laughed. "That's great Penelope. Now let's relax and brood about what a dumbass Spencer is."

We turned on some movies and talked until Spencer finally got there.

He apologized, and said he really wanted to make it up to me. I sighed and complied.

"Great! Then tomorrow meet me at my house." He smirked.

I raised my eyebrows. "What are we doing?"

"It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes and we went back to the movie.

~*~

"No."

"Penelope, it's really fun. Give it a chance."

"You want me to give dying a chance?"

"I knew you would never agree to this, that's why I didn't tell you, but once you actually do it, it's the most fun you'll ever have."

"Spencer, bungee jumping is not something I want to agree to do for YOU to make up to me."

"Please give it a chance Penelope." He gave me the puppy dog eyes and I was on the verge of caving.

I sighed. "You're going to be strapped with me?"

"Yes."

"You won't laugh if I pee myself."

"Never." He chuckled.

I cringed at the bridge we were going to go off of. "Fine."

"Yes! Come on!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me over to where we were going to get strapped to each other.

The instructor strapped us in and gave us all the instructions.

Then we got in the edge of the bridge and jumped.

~*~

"Oh my gosh! That was the best thing ever!" I said when we finally got on solid ground again.

"I told you!"

"I...I've never done anything like that and it was incredible! Probably the scariest thing I've ever done, but incredible."

"Didn't I say it's the most fun you'll ever have."

"You did. You're so right." I was smiling ear to ear.

After we jumped I screamed the whole way down and Spencer just held onto me. I think I even heard him chuckling.

He wrapped his arm around me and we went to the car. He drove us to a little diner to have lunch.