1. Riding Shotgun With A Maniac On The Road To Crazy

Riding Shotgun With A Maniac On The Road To Crazy

1. Average Beginning

I was an average girl. I really was. With what I look and act like now you never would have guessed. My hair is a crazy mess, sticking out every which way. It changes colors all the time. I never know when I might decide to change it. One thing that is the same is my plain brown eyes. That's one way to know who I still am. I've lost every bit of fat I had. I don't wear the same style of clothing twice like I used to. My makeup is multiple colors depending on my outfit. And my boyfriend is a psycho. Yeah, that's me. Penelope Smith. Sometimes I'm Gretchen Whithers. Sometimes I might be Yolanda Godspy. Depends on the day's doings. I have millions of dollars and no fear of heights. Who would have guessed? Not me for sure.

My life used to be so normal and straight. It was wonderful. I would wake up in the morning and put on a pair of khakis and a white polo. Just throw my hair up in a pony tail, no makeup. Make sure my glasses were clean. My mom always made my lunch and I'd walk downstairs and grab it before walking out the door to the bus stop. I was a little chunky, I won't lie, but I just was a late bloomer and hadn't lost my baby fat yet. One on the bus some kid would make fun of me and I'd sit down and not give a damn about them.

I would read whatever book I was on and enjoy it. At school I had straight A's and all the teachers loved me. I never did any sports. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea. One thing that never happened for me was a boyfriend. Ever. I just wasn't an appealing person I guess. I didn't mind. From what I saw boys just made a girl's life crazy. Boy was I correct!

It was a strange day I met him. I knew something was different. I did my normal morning routine and gotten to school right on time, but I just had that gut feeling, you know? In my first period of my senior year a new guy showed up. It was the last trimester of the year. I'm not going to lie. He was hot. I'd never found myself attracted to the guys at my school but he was different. He had blonde messy hair that wasn't short, but not super long, glasses, and he was pretty tall. He wore a button up but half of it hung out of his pants and he sagged a little. He looked kind of normal. I could see all the girls in the room swoon. I thought it was pathetic, even though I was slightly bewitched by his emanating charm.

"Would you care to introduce yourself?" The teacher asked him.

"I wouldn't actually." He said with a smile. I swear I saw a girl pass out.

"That's not a request young man."

"Really? I'm not going to lie it sounded like one to me. But if you wish I shall introduce myself." He stood up and faced the class. "My name is Spencer Parsons." He bowed and sat back down. That really should have been my first clue that he was slightly off his rocker, but no, I still liked him.

Finally lunch rolled around and I went and sat in my corner of the cafeteria. I happily got out my sandwich and string cheese. I suddenly felt a presence near me. I looked up and Spencer was literally three centimeters from my face.

"Hello." He said smiling. I screamed and jumped back. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

"Just let me catch my breath for a second."

He folded his hands on the table and just stared intently at me for a second. "Okay now that you caught your breath, I wanted to tell you that I like you. Alright well, I'll see you later!" He smiled at me again and got up.

'What the hell is wrong with this guy?' I thought to myself. That should've been my second clue that I shouldn't pursue him, and that he was completely off his rocker, but once again, I didn't think about it.

I continued eating and when I finished I threw away my garbage and started walking to the library.

On my way someone walked up beside me. You guessed it. Spencer. "So I was thinking, that maybe you'd look better if you lost some weight."

I stopped in my tracks. "Excuse me?!" I yelled. "That's extremely rude." I can't believe he just said that!

"I don't care. I'm just pointing out the obvious. And maybe if you didn't wear such large glasses."

"I like these glasses." And I did! They were a little big for my face, but I could see miles away in them.

"Hmm...I guess they can stay then."

"Who do you think you are? You say you like me then you go and start insulting me? Why?"

"So you're mad that I said that?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to take my advice?"

"Probably not."

"Aha!" He yelled startling me. "That's why I like you! You don't care what people say. You like yourself the way you are!"

"Yes, now can you leave me alone?"

"No."

I sighed and continued walking. He walked silently next to me. Finally I broke the silence. "You're really weird. You know that?"

"I do. I've been told on many occasions."

I nodded and continued to the Library. "Would you stop following me?!" I finally yelled. The librarian shushed me.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to."

I grumbled and went and sat down and started reading. I tried ignoring him. But he made sure I didn't forget he was there.

I was in the middle of a really intense part of my book when in the corner of my eye I see his hand getting closer and closer to my face until he poked me. "What are you doing?" I snapped.

"I don't know."

I got up and walked but he followed once again. "Are you mental or something?"

"Actually I'm not. I've been tested. I'm just what you call, 'eccentric'." He said with little air quotes.

"I see. Well, if you don't mind I would really appreciate it if you left me alone."

"You don't say? I'll keep that in mind."

Finally the bell rang and I was able to get away from him. I went through my classes like normal, which I really appreciated. I went to my locker to put some stuff away once school was over and the second I closed the door guess who was there.

"Hello. Listen, I never got your name." He said smiling.

"Penelope." I mumbled.

"That's a very interesting name. I like it."

"Thanks I guess."

"Well it was very nice to meet you Penelope." He took my hand and kissed it lightly. I blushed. He smiled at me and walked away. I saw some girls around me look extremely jealous. I quickly rushed out of there. My mom was there to pick me up. I got in the car and she drove me home.

That was the beginning. He was a weird one from the start, but he was charming and sweet in his own way. I liked him. Every girl likes to be pursued at some point. Even if it is by a nut job.

**Yay, new story! Lol I really like this one. It's sweet. I'm currently on chapter eight lol. I don't know if it may seem cliched right now or not, but i don't think it is later on. There might be some scenes that have a little cliche, but really it's not very much. Also you may wonder when everything changes. Relax. let the story just go as ot may. =) I hope you liked it!**