6. Riding Shotgun With A Maniac On The Road To Crazy

6. Lunch With A Friend

A couple days later I was in the super market doing some shopping. I have yet to talk about Spencer to my mom. She doesn't know he's my boyfriend now. Things with my mom are weird. She and I don't talk much. We don't argue, but hardly talk.

I sighed and continued shopping for some groceries.

Pickles

Lettuce

Burgers

Tomatoes

Rice

Milk

Cucumbers

Cereal

Almost done. All I need is some yogurt.

"Penelope!"

I turned around but didn't see anyone. I shrugged and continued looking for the right yogurt.

"Penelope!"

I turned around again and saw June running towards me. Her blonde curls lightly being blown back. She looked like a freaking super model. Pathetic that a girl would put so much time and work into herself.

"Hi June." I said smiling half heartedly.

"How are you?!"

"I'm fine. Thanks."

"What about you and Spencer?"

"He's my boyfriend now."

She squealed. "I knew it! I knew you both would get together!"

"Yeah." I said awkwardly.

"Wow sweetheart, you really need to loosen up. I'm not going to bite." She laughed.

"I'm just not good with people."

"I'm not either!"

"That's a lie."

"No really. I'm a little too obnoxious."

"That's nothing. I've seen you at school before. You have a bunch of friends."

"That may be, but nothing is as it seems."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Wanna have lunch with me?!"

"Um...I don't know. I have to finish my grocery shopping."

"I do too. I'll only have a couple things left though."

"Um..."

"So you can meet me at Joe's Crab Shack at one!"

I tried to think of an excuse, but I had none. "Alright, fine."

"Awesome!" She skipped off.

I sighed and shook my head. Great. I really don't like talking to girls like her. All they talk about it stupid stuff, like boys, makeup, and gossip about other girls. The only one I have the slightest idea about is boys. And I just started getting to know about that.

I got my yogurt and went to the checkout line.

The cashier was some dumb boy from school. I think his name was Nixon. He was pretty good looking. Long black hair, bright blue eyes, he had one lip piercing. I don't really like piercings though. I've known him since seventh grade. Believe it or not, I wasn't the prettiest thing then either so him and his friends picked on me. To a twelve year old that can have some lasting effects. I don't like Nixon much.

"Hello." He said smirking.

"Hello." I replied with no emotion. He doesn't deserve emotion.

"How are you today Penelope?"