Secret Past

-Logan- 

Ever had that feeling of fulfilment, as if everything in your life was complete, like you were whole and life held so much more meaning. Well that's exactly how I've been feeling for the last week. Ever since Cole said he would be mine, I've been on cloud nine. It seems like nothing could bring me out of my bubble of happiness.

Right now we were just lying down on the bed in my room, just enjoying being together. "So, tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone before." my mate said as he laid his head on my chest breaking the comfortable silence that we'd lapsed into twenty minutes ago.  

"What do you wanna know?" I questioned, gently running my fingers through his golden tresses. His hair was so soft, like silk, the colour like nothing I'd ever seen it's like his hair was kissed by the sun. A permanent light emitting from it, making it glow it was like a halo itself. I also love the reaction I get from him, he would shiver and then blush cutely. 

"Anything I just want to know you, I mean you seem to know a bit about me with my grandmother and all." he stated lightly tracing patterns on my arm. I'd told Cole about his grandmothers magic act of disappearing the second day after he woke up. He’s been so distraught and cried for good hour before falling into a troubled sleep. I remembered him crying in his sleep and begging his mother and father not to leave him; pleading with his grandmother to tell him why she hated him so much. What had he done to deserve her enmity? 

I could only lay there and watch as he mumbled out years of locked up anguish and unanswered questions. The feeling of helplessness was one I was becoming too acquainted with and I did not like it at all. I was angry...so angry. The anger wasn’t directed solely at his parents or his old hag of a grudge baring grandmother but also at myself. This was not the first time I’d laid helpless when it came to my mate, when if ever was I going to be able to relieve him of his agonizing path. A part of the anger was also focussed on his relatives, what kind of sick, twisted people bring a child into the world and then not care about it. 

Leaving them out there to face the harsh cruelty of what we call society. How could his mother not care? How could she just leave him like that? I know the only way my mother would have ever left me is if she had been forced and even then she would have fought until the last breath left her; which is kind of what she did. My father on the other hand was a different story, he cared for no one but himself, though no one would guess, he disguised it well. Always pretending we were the perfect family but with him there we were far from it. I laid there all night thinking of just how to make this right, we’d both had a tough past but now I was certain that I could get over what happened because I had Cole with me. I just hope I could get him to move on from his.  

"Ok." I replied thinking about what I was going to say. There are a lot of things about myself that no one knows about, and I'm not too sure about digging up the past, some things are just better left buried, but I couldn't deny my mate anything. So whatever he wanted to know I would tell him.

 ”I don't really know what to tell you." I said after a moment of pondering. There was plenty things that came to mind, the main one being to tell him that I was a wolf but I didn’t want to just tell him like that. It would probably send him into shock if he believed me. When I told him I had to do it right. 

"Ok...tell me about your family." he replied. Shit I should've just said something now he's ask about the thing I most don't want to talk about. I had spent three years trying to forget about my family after the death of my mother. There was no family. There was just emptiness; my dad and I didn’t get along and there was certainly no hope of us ever having the sort of relationship a father and a son should have. Not after he was the cause of my mother’s death and my almost one. Also because of what he did or was doing on the day my mother died.