Civilization

Logan P.O.V 

It hurts the fact that I know who my mate is but I can't be with him. I never would think of myself as being attracted to guys but my mate was so perfect in every way , there was no thought of me not wanting to be with him. I just love how his eyes has so much depth, so many secrets for me to unfold. The thought that I would one day be able to share his deepest secrets, his dreams and his hopes filled me with so much happiness I was almost giddy. I've never felt like this with anyone before, not even her. Well at the time I thought I loved her. I thought she loved me too but turned out I was wrong. Oh so wrong and the fact was I had to find out in the worst possible way.

You would have thought that I would have an aversion to giving myself to someone again after what happen to me but no. I want to be loved, I want that feeling that I've seen some many members of my former pack share: the closeness, the intimacy, the love, the happiness, the feeling of completion I wanted it all. Now I could have that with my mate I just need to find away to talk to him in human form. To get him to love me as much as I already love him. I believe this is truly where the phrase 'love at first sight' applies because that was truly what it was. Well in my case it was his scent that i first fell in love with and everything I've seen so far was just more things to add.

Seems like I'm going to have to find myself a job now that i have a reason to stay in this town. It's been quite awhile since I've been around people I'm usually moving around from town to town in wolf form away from civilisation and other wolf packs. I did not need a bunch of wolves feeling threatened because I ventured on their territory so I kept to myself, this form of solitude not one I would have seen myself living a few years ago but things change and so do people. 

First things first though I need to find myself some clothes. I waited until it was night then I walked to the house nearest to the forest. It must have been my lucky night for there was still washing on the line. I grabbed a blue plaid shirt, boxers and a pair of blue jeans. I sure hope whoever these belong to they weren't too fond of them because come the morning they were going be in for a shock.  Now all I needed was some shoes. Hmm....how do I go about getting that. There was a shed at the side of the house and I silently crept towards it being careful not to make a sound. I opened the shed not sure if I would find what I was looking for I mean who kept shoes in a shed. 

The inside was dark and but it was no problem for me seeing as with my wolf senses I could see better than the human eye. Inside the shed was kept spectacularly clean, every thing was in a set place and it was all so neat, this person was seriously OCD personified. I almost feel guilty for messing up the order in my search for shoes and as I've said already this must have been my lucky night because there was a pair of trainers in the far corner of the shed they looked a bit worn but I wasn't complaining. When I went to get out of the shed I banged my foot against a ladder in the corner that brought the top shelf down with it . I hightailed it out of there as i heard the owner of the house getting up at the sound. I'd just made it back into the forest when I heard the exclamations at the mess and missing clothes. I kinda felt guilty but I was desperate. 

I made my way back to the little den that I found. It was basically fallen trees in the form of a cave but it was the best thing. I tuck my clothes away for tomorrow and curled up in a ball drifting off to sleep with my mates eyes the last thing on my mind. 

***

The next morning I was up and ready to once again join the world of civilisation. I made my way into  town where I walked about looking for job vacancies. This was a large town compared to others but it wasn't small either.There was enough people around that you didn't know every one and new comers wouldn't be looked up on with suspicion and curiosity which at this moment is just the way I liked it. Glancing around I saw a small diner named 'Joey's' and decided to try my luck there. It was quite a big place.The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. There was a colour scheme of blue and cream decor.The walls were cream colour with entricate patterns that gave off a magicall feel to the place.The chair and table were blue and cream which gave it that soft welcoming feel. I walked up to the counter where I saw a girl who looked to be my age, she had brown eyes and blonde hair cascading down her back, she had on a wite T-shirt and black jeans with an apron around her waist that said Joey's. As I walked up to her she started to undress me with her eyes with a slight smile curling her lips.