Sleeping mate

Logan's POV

I think I’m going to die. It was torture sitting so close to my mate and being unable to touch him. I couldn’t believe my luck when I smelt his scent hit me as soon as he walked through the door, it’s been two weeks since I’ve been working here and waiting for the chance to see him again. I never smelt his scent in town so I knew he didn’t visit here often. I was beginning to rethink my plan of starting work since it was keeping me from seeing my mate. Every day since I’ve started this job I’ve gone to the clearing but I’ve never manage to see him. His scent told me he was there but I keep missing him. My wolf was going crazy and I didn’t know how much more of this I could take. I all but ran through the door using getting Stacie as an excuse to get to the front of the diner faster. As soon as I emerged from the double doors his scent hit me sending my wolf into a frenzy and then I saw him. 

His blue eyes were just as blue as I remember but now they held more sadness than before. He looked timid and uncomfortable under Stacie’s unrelenting cold stare; I wanted to rip her head off for making my mate so troubled. I barely concealed the irritation in my voice as I relieved her of her duties “Uh…Stacie Joey wants to see you, so you better go; I’ll take over until you get back.” 

“Ok thanks Logan” she said as she brushed my shoulder with her fingers causing me to shiver in disgust, how dare she touch me with her vile fingers ugh. 

I turned to the cutie that was my mate, no matter how many times I said it I can’t get over how happy it made me. Now if only I could say to him and have him accept me then I would be the happiest person alive. 

“Hi, I’m Logan, what can I get you?”

“Uhh...uum…” he was so cute when he was flustered. “W-Well you s-see, a-actually I don’t want a-anything I-I just c-came here to r-returned a-a b-b-broach that f-fell off s-someone I b-bumped into and t-that person came in here b-but it’s not one of the c-customers s-so I t-thought maybe it was a-a s-staff m-member”  his voice was so adorable and cute, I just wanted to hug him to me like a stuff animal.

“Well can you describe what the person look like maybe I could help?” I said eager to help my mate in any way I can. He looked up at me then and I swear all time stopped as I gazed into his holding stare. 

“Uh, y-yeah she l-looked like s-she was in h-her 30s b-but her eyes s-seemed to s-suggests something d-different…” he trailed off “….I don’t r-really k-know h-how to d-describe her.”  His description was spot on to what I first thought of Joey more or less. 

“Oh don’t worry I know exactly who you’re talking about to be honest your description of her is precisely the same thing I thought when I first saw her” I grinned. “Just let me go and get her” I made my way to the staff doors to get Joey.

“Hi Joey someone wants to see you.” I barely got out as I turned back to return to my mate. I made my way back through the doors I’d just come through knowing Joey was behind me by the sound of her breathing. 

“Hello Deary I was told you were looking for me? Joey was such a nice lady; she greeted everyone with a smile. She was like a substitute mother for all. It’s really been great living with her these past two weeks. There was never a dull moment she cooked and cleaned up the kitchen while I help with the harder work such as repairing the window in the shed, mowing the lawn and fixing the leaky faucets. I’ve tried to protest about her basically living at her home for free when she didn’t even know me, but she always shrugged and waved a dismissive hand and say how much she enjoyed my company and hard work that it was enough of a payment and also the fact that I keep protesting about not paying showed her that I was as she put it “one of the few”