I know that id die without you part 3 *last part*

1989-2018

Year: 2017
"YOU WHAT??!"
"Yes Isabelle I wanna propose to Magnus."
"When? Where?-actually I can help you with that-How?" Isabelle said anxiously bouncing up and down.
"Can you tone it down a bit? I don't want mom and dad knowing." Alec said uneasily.
The light was lost from Isabelle's eyes as she stopped bouncing. "Alec do you even think-"
"I don't know if they'll let me thats why I'm scared."
"Leave that to me" Isabelle said her smile returning.
"Izzy what do you mean?"
"I want you to be happy so you go get your man while I go talk to mom."
"Izzy I think I sh-"
Isabelle put a finger over Alec's mouth in order to shut him up. "What you should do is let me help you pick out the perfect place to propose to Magnus. Now cmon big bro I've got some ideas." She said leading him away.

•-•

Magnus was awoken by his slumber with a knock at his door. He sat up in his bed and yawned stretching. The light from the open curtain peeked in and he smiled.
He got up and slipped on his fuzzy slippers than walked over to his closet and grabbed his velvet robe and slipped it on tying the rope around his waist.
He walked across his living room in order to get to his door. But once he opened it he was surprised to see no one there. He looked down and saw rose petals.
He gasped slightly and saw a trail of them heading down the hall. He looked down at his robe and quickly ran inside and changed from a robe into a velvet shirt with skinny jeans.
He ran a hand through his hair then slowly walked out the door and followed the trail of roses which lead to the elevator. He walked in the elevator and saw a note taped to the wall.

Press first floor (obviously) and follow the trail of petals

Magnus smiled and pressed the first floor. He almost thought this was a secret admirer but soon realized it was his darling. His love. His Alexander.
His Alexander.
The elevator door soon opened to reveal a trail of petals. Magnus smile only grew wider as he followed the trail of petals out the door of the apartment building. They led down the street to an alley in between pandemonium and some other store.
And in that alley, was lights strung up on the walls. Glitter scattered along the walls creating a walkway for Magnus. There were even blankets and pillows in one area. On each light hung polaroids and other regular pictures of him and alec. In the background, sleeping at last, was playing softly. And there, in the middle of it all, stood Alec.
Magnus has already been tearing up as Alec neared him. Alec leaned in and kissed Magnus on the lips gathering Magnus up in his arms. Magnus pulled away.
"Darling What is this?" Magnus asked keeping his arm around Alec's waist. "I mean I'm not complaining."
Alec scoffed a laugh and grabbed Magnus's hands in his and bent down on his knee and pulled out a small glittery box and opened it.
Magnus stifled a gasp.
"Magnus Bane. My Magnus Bane May I add. Pandemonium is where we first met. MI want you to be mine for the rest of my life. And even when I die I still want you to love me for the rest of your life. I just wanna be with you magnus I don't care what it takes. I wanna wake up every morning with you wrapped around me. I wanna wake up every morning and see your lovely morning face that I've gotten so used to seeing and that I will never get tired of singing. I wanna be able to wake up and say "Wow. I'm married to Magnus bane. Not dating. Married." I just want you to be mine forever. You've been here most of my life and I wanna be there for most of yours. So. Magnus Bane, will you marry me?"
Magnus got on the ground in front of Alec and scooped him up in his arms kissing him. "Yes of course baby. I love you darling." Magnus said in between kisses.
They then laid down on the blankets and held each other in their arms whispering sweet nothings in their ears.

Year: ...2018
"Alexander I've never seen you so excited about something my darling."  Magnus said watching Alec jump around the kitchen.
"Magnus were getting married tomorrow we're getting married!!" Alec said bouncing around the kitchen.
"Yes my love" Magnus said watching Alec in amusement. He adored Alec so much he always looked at him with the most fondest face. This was one of those moments.
Alec stopped jumping around and walked over to Magnus who had been leaning against the counter. "Magnus I'm so excited for this day  would ever want to have it any other way. I'm so happy with how far we've come."
"Oh darling" Magnus said moving Alec so he was against the counter. "I am too."
Alec smiled that cheeky smile that Magnus absolute adored. Magnus then gasped. "Wait I have an idea. Follow me darling." Magnus said walking out of the kitchen.
To the bedroom I hope Alec thought.
But to Alec's disappointment they passed the bedroom.
Instead they walked out to the balcony.
Alec looked around. "What are we doing out here Magnus?"
"Cmere darling." Magnus said holding his hand out to Alec standing near the ledge.
Alec, confused, walked over to Magnus and took his hand.
Magnus then wrapped one arm around Alec's waist and pushed him up onto the ledge.
Alec gasped a bit. "Magnus I-"
Magnus was then up beside him in a flash wrapping his arms around Alec's torso shushing him. "It's okay baby ive got you."
Alec immediately calmed down once he felt Magnus's touch. Alec looked out over the city. "Magnus this is beautiful." Alec said sighing.
"If I could I'd give you this whole city. Even more than that my darling" Magnus said burying his face in the back of Alec's neck.
Alec turned in Magnus's arms carefully with Magnus holding him tightly.
"I love you magnus."
"I love you too my darling."

•-•

"Magnus I promise I'll be back soon."
"Alexander I just don't understand why Isabelle and Jace and clary can't do this on their own why do they need to bring you."
Alec looked a bit offended when his boyfriend said that. "Magnus I always go on demon hunts. Why is this one any different?"
Now it was Magnus's turn to be offended. "Alexander what happened from now to a few hours ago? You were the one jumping around exclaiming about the wedding tomorrow. You know in case you forgot it's OUR wedding tomorrow I wanted to spend the night with you."
"Magnus babe I wanna spend the night with you too. I promise I do but this is serious."
"I know it is darling I just get worried. I don't want nothing happening to my baby."
Alec rolled his eyes but was blushing hard. "I'm sorry Magnus but I've gotta go now. I promise I will be back." Alec said with a quick kiss to Magnus's cheek and with that he was out the door.

•-•

"Guys where did it go?" Clary yelled over the sound of people screaming.
Alec had been frantically looking around clutching his bow and arrow. "I don't know! It's a demon in human form it could be anywhere."
"Would splitting up be reasonable? It may be easier to find." Isabelle said looking over at Jace.
"Might as well be our best bet. Alec come with me." Jace said running off.
Alec looked at Isabelle and clary. "Be safe. Please"
"We will Alec we promise. Cmon clary." Isabelle said running off. Alec sighed then he ran off to find Jace.
"Jace?!" Alec yelled worriedly. He heard yelling and frantically ran toward the sound of the yelling. It was in an alley.
He dashed down the alley and found Jace with a bloody knife in his hands and a demon in human form at his feet. It had a stab wound in his chest.
"Jace I don't think that was it."
"Alec I'm telling you it is."
"I don't know Jace I think it's a trap. Why would it be so easy to find?"
"Maybe we were just lucky this time Alec. You should be happy. We can go home."
Alec shuffled awkwardly looking at the body. "It just doesn't feel right" he muttered.
"You're just paranoid let loose for once." Jace said patting Alec's shoulder. "Now cmon help me dispose of this."

•-•

Alec burst through the door of Magnus's apartment. "Honey! I'm home!" He said with a smile on his lips. I can't wait to be able to say that every day to him. Alec thought smiling even wider.
"Magnus?" He looked around but didn't see his fiancé. He shrugged then went into their room and changed taking off his bow leaving his stele on the bed and changed into comfortable clothes. He then heard some noise on the balcony. Alec smiled in relief and ran out onto the balcony.
But when he looked around Magnus was nowhere to be seen. He figured Magnus was in the shower. He looked out across New York and leaned on the ledge not able to contain his smile thinking of tomorrow.
I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna marry Magnus bane. He's gonna be mine forever and ever.
Alec then heard a door open from behind him.
"Alexander? Darling you're home!" He heard his Magnus exclaim.
Alec turned around smiling widely.
And then, it was as if it happened in slow motion. One minute Magnus was racing towards his wide smiling happy living Alexander, the next, alec has a arrow coming through his chest. Magnus let out a piercing scream. A scream in which his whole world that had been revolving around his darling his Alexander had stopped.
Magnus collapsed on the ground struggling to find his breath and crawled over to Alec.
"Alec!" Magnus cried out gathering Alec up in his arms. "Alec come back to me!" Magnus said. But it was hard to make out because he had a scream building in the back of his throat. Magnus cupped Alec's face in his hands and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Alec baby please come back to me baby please don't leave me." Magnus cried.
Alec's blue eyes stared back at him. "Magnus" he choked out. Magnus knew there was no possible way to heal Alec as he clutched and held Alec and cried.
Magnus rocked back in forth holding Alec as if he was a baby and watching as the blue of his eyes didn't look so blue anymore. He watched the light fade from his eyes and whispered one last thing to Alec.
"I promise darling, that I'll love you for the rest of my life."

•-•

Magnus hadn't left the graveyard in days. He couldn't bring himself to do it. He could feel himself getting weaker. He wanted to stay with Alec forever. And that was what he had planned to do He read the letters on the gravestone...one last time. 

Alexander Lightwood
1989-2018

THAT WAS THE END IM SO SORRY I HAD IT PLANNED SINCE THE BEGINNING BUT I PROMISE NO MORE SAD ONES (wellllll) I WILL WRITE SO MUCH FLUFF AFTER THIS TO MAKE UP FOR IT
~kai