Unexpected Twist

Jordan's POV

"Tell me what you guys have done!" Trevor said for the billionth time as we ventured into the woods toward a little park. Trevor was wanting to know mainly if Jade and I have done....IT yet.

I rolled my eyes at Trevor. "We've only dated for three weeks dude, relax." I said. In those three weeks, Jade and I have gone on more dates, and we were growing closer together than we ever have as friends. I wouldn't officially call her my girlfriend yet, but then again I am not used to this dating thing at all so I don't know when the time is for that to happen.

"Are you just too shy to tell me?" Trevor asked, playfully shoving me as we entered the park.

"No, I'm being honest. Besides, I'm not ready for that yet dude." I replied.

Then Trevor saw a bunch of girls who go to our school ahead on some of the benches and immediately darted towards them, sparing me of his immature and ridiculous questions.

But as I turned away, I saw something move through the trees at a very fast pace away from the park. Now normally, you would think to stay away from weird things in the woods because odd are, that they will lead to trouble.

Well that's what I was thinking, or at least supposed to be thinking. However, I suddenly felt something in my gut. It was pulling me towards the woods, and I couldn't help myself. It was completely irresistible. It caused me to take one step, then two steps, before I finally broke into a run into the wild.

I had no earthly idea where the hell I was going, let alone why I was going there in the first place. But as my mid was completely bewildered and astonished, my gut was calling all the shots, telling me where to run to and when to turn and when to jump.

I finally came to a stop at the river bank and looked around. Nothing. Not a single thing in sight. Then just as I was thinking that maybe I had gone crazy after all, a howl suddenly pierced through the air.

I suddenly got very scared, knowing exactly what kind of animal that roams the forest would make that kind of sound. And sure enough, on the other side of the river bank, I caught sight of an enormous black wolf as it trotted up to the bank. It seemed to be almost as tall as me, and I was a good nineteen feet away from it! It stopped at the bank and lowered its head to drink from the river.

Fortunately for me, I was hidden in the bushes, so it did not see me. And it appeared to have not caught my scent. As I sat still in fear, I saw the eyes of the black wolf. They were azure blue. I think that this was the wolf that appeared at the church for my dad's funeral. I slowly, but quietly stood up and hit behind a nearby tree and continued to watch. For if the wolf had seen me and decided that it would want a meal to go with its drink of water, I was surely screwed.

Then the wolf lifted its head and closed its eyes and I could hear it exhale from where I stood. Then a most incredible thing happened. The wolf's form began to shift! It started to transform into the form of a human! Is this a werewolf??!!! They're real??!!!!

The wolf continued to change until finally the wolf turned into what seemed like a human being, and a female by the looks of it, since she was completely naked. I tried not to look at her body and tried focusing on her face, which was covered completely by her black hair, which seemed strikingly familiar somehow to me.

I wasn't sure how it looked familiar to me at all. But as the girl dipped her hands into the water and ran them backwards through her hair, I soon realized why. I thought that before I was in utter shock, but now I really was in more shock than I have ever been in my entire life as I looked at the girl's face.

The face that I was looking at was the very same face that I adored since the beginning. The very face that I dreamed about every time I close my eyes and go to sleep. The very face of the girl that I deeply love.

You guessed it! I was looking at the face of non other than Jade Lewis!