19 |♔| Empress of the Skies |♔|

A/N: As you read, please leave comments and vote (★) if you can! Fleeter needs your help to be seen and read by others. Thank you ~ 

EUCLID

Euclid had predicted it exactly

Euclid had predicted it exactly. The storm arrived right on time.

The captain stood on the bow with arms raised to the sky like he was praying. The clouds, their bellies filled with water, trudged slowly across the sky for miles around them. The wind howled its frustration and mercilessly raged against the Pilgrim's sails.

The storm had lasted for the last three days. They'd lost any chance of spotting that mysterious pirate ship. Euclid prayed that the dragon would be able to lead them after the skies cleared. Otherwise, Eve was lost.

He covered his eyes and squinted at the golden reptile clinging to the hull of the ship. Mojo's wings were shivering. Did robots feel cold? Damn Esmeralda and her obsession with details.

Euclid wrapped an arm around the dragon and attempted to carry Mojo inside. "Come now, you can't fly in this weather," he reasoned.

"We'll find Eve when the storm passes."

Mojo's eyes were whirling red and black, as they had since the day Eve was taken. The dragon dug its claws deeper into the skull of the ship's figurehead and moaned.

The sound was so mournful. Euclid had only heard its like once before. It was a sound so full of despair, that he couldn't bear to hear it any longer. Euclid pried the dragon loose from its perch and stuffed Mojo into the depths of his warm coat.

"A'right, a'right. I'll do somethin'. You just hang tight."

Euclid prepared himself. He hadn't done this in years. With his eyes closed, he reached for the well of spirit deep inside him and touched a faded ink tattoo on the inside of his wrist. "Wake up, I need you here, Uira"

The tattoo glowed in a bright, aquamarine hue. The shade of the ocean when the sunlight scattered the waves rolling up to the beach. The shade of his mother's eyes. The glow engulfed him and spread.

When it reached the sky, the glow collected and started to form a shape. Claws curved into sharp points, at the tips of prominent orange feet. Feathers burst out over the ship as a blue-tipped head took flight.

Kak! Kak! Kak! Kak! Kak!

Uira, Euclid's peregrine falcoln spirit was awake and angry. She glared at Euclid from up above, a clear threat outlined in every feather.

He winced. This was not going to be pretty. Inside his coat, Mojo gripped his shirt tightly, eyes swirling faster in alarm. The thunder boomed and rolled around them.

"Uira love, would you like some chicken?" Euclid offered the nugget of meat, palm up, towards the spirit. The falcoln raised her wings even higher and lightning flashed in her eyes.