Chapter 8: She Did What?!

I hear people walking around. My eyes flutter open. I see my a woman look at another woman. "She has temporarily lost her memory we think. She should get it back, although there is a ten percent chance she won't. She also has a broken leg, let her use these crutches. Just give her time, and in the meanwhile, help her," says the woman before leaving the room. "Ella," says the woman still in the room. I look around. Am I Ella? I really am confused. "Who're you?" I ask the woman. "Your mother," she said, tears in her eyes. "Mom?" I ask. She just nods her head and we hug. Even though I'm still not entirely sure who she is.

Next, a young boy, probably about four or five. "Ella," he yells hugging me. "Hi..." I start. "Wes," says mom. I nod. "Your brother," says a man. "Oh," I mumble. This is going to be hard to remember. "I'm your father," says the man. "Dad?" I whisper. He nods and hugs me. I sigh "Is this it? My family?" They all nod.

The next two days I have to be in the hospital wing are going to be filled with learning the names of everyone. Fun. Note my sarcasm.

I am showered with visitors, friends, and family. I don't know most of them, but I think I did at one point.

Two days after that I am out of the hospital wing and I hobble around on my wooden crutches all day. I learn new things, trying to trigger memories. It's really hard, I mean, one second you know everyone, the next, you don't even know your own parents. I've gotten over that though. I know my family and most of the staff. I learned I had these special ice powers yesterday. I just through my hands up in frustration and ice and snow flew out of them. My mother explained and I felt a little better after that. Although I am still kept up at night trying to remember things, I am making progress.

-----------------One Month Later------------------

I walk through the village with my crutches. I smell the scent of fresh bread baking in the bakery. I hear the ladies singing in the chapel. I see the children playing in the meadow. I do remember a lot of things now, like why I ran away when I was younger, or why I have a scar on my back hand, which I don't think anyone knew about. I am putting all of my trust into people now, for my future depends on them, or if I get my memory back, which may take a long time.

"They've been lying to you, child," says a voice all of a sudden. I scream, someone must've been following me. I turn to see a tall man with red hair and really ugly sideburns if I must say. "My name is Prince Hans of the Southern Isles, and I know who you are," he says. Creepy. He knows who I am. "What do you want," I ask the creep. "I would like to help you get your memory back," he explains. Should I believe him? He said they've been lying to me. How would he know. "How do I know you're not lying?" I question him. "Do you trust me?" He asks. Funny question. But, do I? I guess. "Maybe," I mutter. "Great, let's talk in the library," he says guiding me towards a building.

"Now, I don't mean to go causing drama here, but they've just been lying straight to your face," he begins. Is that true? "Did they tell you about your special powers?" he asks. I nod. "Well, did they tell you how you got them?" He asks again. "They accidentally got transferred to me by Elsa," I tell him exactly what I was told. "Well, that's not exactly true. Elsa cursed you because she was jealous of your mother, for she had true love and she didn't," he whispers. My jaw drops open. He just nods. "Selfish," he whispers. I nod with tears in my eyes. "Now, I think I've said enough already, but there is this boy named Finn, just watch out for him, he tried to kill you several times." I gasp in horror. "You were madly in love with a boy, Jeremy, he saved you all those times, stick with him," he whispers. Why is he whispering? Is it a secret? Or maybe it's just because we are in a library. He told me a lot more. He said that I didn't run away, that I was banished by my mother for no reason. That she hated me. He said I have a scar on my back hand because Elsa got mad at me so she cut me with a knife. That's hard to believe but it's true. I had tears in my eyes by the end of this. He just hugs me saying,"the truth hurts."

Please don't hate me!!! But if you read carefully, you know something Hans doesn't about her memory. Okay, thank you to all of my readers and voters and commenters. It means a lot. Thx.