Chapter 6: His Cousin?

Do I? Do I want to build a snowman? "It's summertime, we can't," I tell him. "Magic," he whispers. "No," I say storming out of the room. I'm not mad, I just want to protect him. I wander the hallways until I see Elsa. She sees I'm upset. "What happened?" she asks. "Wes wants to build a snowman," I explain. She looks confused at first but then nods. "Then build one," she says. "What," I don't think I heard her correctly. "Build one," I was right. "But I want to keep him safe," I explain. "You have to understand the gift, not the curse," she explains. "There is good in your powers too, not just bad." And with that she walks away.

That was so confusing. I keep saying it to myself but it just doesn't make sense. It never will. My life doesn't make sense.

I just can't talk to or about Wes right now so I run outside. I run through the streets of the village until someone stops me.

"Ella?"

Anger boils up inside of me. "I saw you Finn, I saw you with her," I shout. "With who?" he asks confused. Maybe I got him wrong... "With that girl at the party," I say somewhat quieter. "You?" he asks chuckling. "No, someone else," I say. "My cousin?" he asks scratching his head. "What did she look like?" I ask still refusing to look him in the eye. "Brown hair, grey eyes, short," he says. I nod. "So you've been staying away from me because of that? You know you could've just asked," he says raising his voice. "I was upset, I thought I lost you!" I yell holding back tears. I think he can see them. I expect him to say something but he just kisses me. "I love you," I tell him. He just smiles. He walks away and leaves me standing there all alone. I'm in a daze until I hear the clock strike noon. Mother. And with that I rush up to the palace.

"You're late," she says disappointed. "Because I'm fine now, I worked it out," I say. "I still want to know what the problem was," Mom says tapping her fingers on the mahogany table. "Finn thought I didn't trust him, so he got mad and so I got mad," I start. "So you worked it out, huh?" I nod. "Okay, go get some lunch," she says.

I don't want lunch. I don't want to do anything right now. I just go and lay on my bed trying to sort out my feelings. I don't know if I am happy, upset, or even angry. I'm just totally confused. I think Finn and I are a thing right now, but I don't know for sure. I wish I could ask him. He kissed me so I guess we are a think. But, on the other hand, he never said we were. I think about this and argue with myself for about ten more minutes until I fall into a deep sleep.

"I like to hunt, you know," says Finn. "Oh really? Then I wouldn't mind some fresh rabbit at that," I say, starving for meat. "Coming right up," he says walking outside picking up a bow and sheath of arrows leaning against the wall of the cave. "Be back soon," he shouts back to me, running into the woods. I smile at the thought of this. We could survive!

I wake up at once to something hitting against glass. I look to my window and see a rock hit it. I look down there expecting to see Finn. But what do you know, it was Jeremy.