16: "What the hell is that?"

"Sara," I heard a voice call through the veil of sleep that had me tightly encased, pulling me into the darkness of an easy slumber. "It's time to wake up. Will you please get up? I don't want to have to get a water bucket," the voice threatened. I groaned and tightened the sheets and comforter around my body, just before I was roughly shaken awake. "It's time to get up, Sara. We have to go!" Demon called while violently shaking me from my sleep.

"I'm up, I'm up, please stop shaking me!" I cried. I felt my head spinning and a head ache forming the more he shook me. He had let go of me when I asked, but threatened that if I didn't get moving he would actually go to get a water bucket and dump it on me. With a groan I forced myself out of bed and stretched to wake myself up before moving. The baggy shirt I had found in my drawers looked like an oversized dress on me when I stood up from the comfort of my bed.

"When did you go to sleep? You were out like a light when I came to check on you," Demon said. "I came in here to talk to you and you didn't even react. I shook you at one point to see if you were faking, but you were not waking up!"

"I once slept through a tree falling onto the garage right outside my bedroom window at home," I pointed out as I pulled the bags that Ms. DeLuca had given me and pulled out the travel clothes she packed for me. A pair of jeans and the black shirt that had a look-a-like of Rum's Hamsa tattoo, along with a pair of Converses for me to wear out of here.

It hadn't occurred to me to ask where she had gotten these clothes from while I was down there with her. I was starting to wonder if all the donations that my mother and Mrs. Ricker had done over the years for clothes and appliances came here first, like Jen said. Then when they had gone through the outfits, if they were still wearable, they donated them to thrift stores. It made me curious where my clothes really went after my mother's donated them or the ones I got from thrift stores afterward. Did they go on missions to foreign countries or were they simply sent to one of the donation areas?

"Sara," Demon said, interrupting my thoughts. "When did you go to sleep and can you please hurry up? We have to be downstairs in ten minutes."

"Rum sent me to sleep early," I said with a yawn as I walked to my bathroom, with my clothes in hand, to get changed. "As for asking me to speed up, I only need six minutes," I said before I shut the door and changed out of my clothes quickly.

I raced through the daily needs, then raked a hair brush through my hair to pull it into a ponytail, and hurried out of the bathroom. I tossed the brush in and grabbed the bags from my bed. I stood ready to go while I waited for Demon to hop off my unmade bed. He glanced at his watch then gave me an approving nod as he led me out of the room.

"Made it with a minute to spare," Demon said, actually sounding impressed with me. He was probably impressed because he was one of those boys that thought all girls took thirty minutes to get ready in the morning. "I hope your luck keeps up, Sara. I really do," he added as we walked briskly through the halls.

Demon said that we were heading into the main entrance to the home and would take an elevator down to the basement to get into the car. I was finally going to see what this building actually looked like beside just hallways on hallways, I thought excitedly. However instead of seeing the main room, I was actually greeted by numerous people that were cheering and applauding as we walked through. I glanced at Demon for an answer, but he just kept walking toward an elevator that would take us into the basement.

Agents clapped and wished us good luck on our mission, and one man even came forward to shake my hand. He violently shook my tiny hand and popped a few of my fingers while he did so, before he pulled me into a hug and spoke to me. "We are thankful you took this mission when no one else would. Please avenge our fallen partners and friends, I know you'll do wonderfully, Sara," he said with a wide smile.