14: "She believes in you."

I went to see Ms. DeLuca after lunch instead of going back to Rum's training. I didn't want to go back, I just wanted this day to be over and for me to go to bed. I was literally dragging my feet down the hallways because I was so tired, and I could sleep on the floor perfectly content with my choice. The days of training and all information I was given was starting to mesh together, and it honestly felt as if these two days were actually two weeks of training, and then smashed into one day. That would explain why I'm so tired, I thought to myself as I turned down another hallway.

This life was like a whirlwind trip to Paris, sudden and fleeting, and now I was in a complete jet lag from everything that happened. I could only hope that this meeting with Ms. DeLuca would go quickly so I could go to bed early, but something told me that she liked to talk and it would take longer than I was hoping for. I might even fall asleep just talking to her, I thought and silently prayed that it wouldn't happen so I wouldn't offend her, but I was exhausted.

I would still be exhausted if I made it out alive from this mission, but thankfully it was a four day weekend from school. I could get a day to go home and rest before going back to school. Now that was something I was looking forward to, even if my weekend was cut short by this mission. I tried to think of what would happen after so that I could hold off the fear of going through the actual mission. This was either going to change my life or end it. Those were the only options and I could only hope for the former.

I stopped outside a familiar set of doors and pushed them open to reveal a redesigned room. The rectangle tables had been replaced with circle tables with six plush chairs around them to provide more room to move around in. There were now different magazines on the tables, but at a first glance they seemed the same, then again all magazines looked relatively the same to me. This room, while redesigned, still reminded me of a waiting room at an airport before boarding a flight, and I wasn't sure I ever wanted to be in here when it was busy of it was as packed as an airport got. I could just imagine it filled with agents, all getting ready to go on a variety of missions.

The conversations must be so interesting to hear, I thought as I heard a throat clear behind me. I turned on a dime to see Ms. DeLuca, or Jen as I reminded myself that she preferred to be called, behind me with a smile.

"What can I help you with, sweetheart?"

"Damon," I paused momentarily. I had to start using code names. "Demon, I mean, told me to come and see you before I went to sleep for tonight."

"It's just after four in the afternoon," she said checking the watch on her wrist. "Shouldn't you be coming to me after you're done training for the day?"

"I'm not sure I'm still training today, so I thought I would just come see you before heading to bed," I explained, but as I looked at Jen I could tell if she was deciding on how to answer. In the end, she decided to not reply, and just motioned me to follow her back to the closet, as I affectionately called it.

"You won't be gone too long, so I already have your bags packed," she said as she led me through the racks of clothes. "You have two set of clothes and your mission clothes. I figured after the mission you'd want to shower which is why you have the most clothes out of the group, but feel free to change them if necessary. We will get to those at the end of this though, first I want to explain your equipment since it's all going to be new to you."

I followed her as she took me to a back room filled with boxes and random accessories lying around. She walked away, ordering me to take a seat near the entrance, as she walked into the room further to look at some of the boxes. I turned in the swivel chair to look back out into the racks. Across the room from me was another room with the title "Disguises" hanging over the door. I tilted my head slightly and tried to figure out what happened in that room when I heard a thud behind me.