Chapter 6

We Can Do This…….Forever

                                                       Chapter 6: Never Leave You

Mercedes was putting on her make up to go have breakfast with her mom and Sam. She had forgotten about the event with Quinn and remembered the fun things about last night with her glee club family. Getting to fall asleep for the night in Sam’s arms was her favorite part.

Sam came up the stairs and stuck his head in the bathroom. “Babe, we got to go, we will be late, and you know how our parents have rules with times.” Mercedes was putting the last touches on her make up while Sam took the time to enjoy looking at her body. Mercedes noticed the staring and took a towel off the rack and threw it at his face.

“A picture last longer.” Mercedes giggled as Sam snatched the towel from his face.

“A picture doesn’t last as long as the time I want to spend my life with you.” Sam kissed Mercedes cheek as she laughed. “That was so cheesy Sam.” She closed the door on his face.

“Hey open the door, come on so we can go!!” Sam sat there and knocked on the door. Mercedes just fixed her hair and laughed at her silly boyfriend. “Fine then, I’m going to leave you, bye.” Before Sam could get down the steps Mercedes ran out the door and jumped on his back. She kissed him all over his neck and he carried her down the steps. “No, don’t leave me!” Mercedes pouted. Sam loved when she pouted; it was the most adorable thing to him. “You know, I’d never leave you.” Sam kissed her pouted lips. Mercedes smiled, “That’s why I love you.”

The place Mercedes and Sam ended up in with Mrs. Jones was a new place called Oodles. Oodles was a breakfast karaoke joint downtown. “How did you children sleep last night?” Mrs. Jones smiled at Sam and Mercedes as she drunk her coffee.

“We slept well.” Mercedes and Sam said in unison.

“That’s good!” Margret said she dived into her food consisting of eggs, bacon, grits, toast and milk. Margret looked at Sam and Mercedes in front of her and saw endless love. She could tell her daughter was set for life. She just wanted her husband to be on the same page. Margret didn’t want Daniel to miss out of Mercedes life. Daniel would have to stop being so stubborn and see that his daughter was happy in love with Sam. Until he got that he would not be able to see the moments like these.

Margret grabbed Mercedes hand on the table. “Mercy, I just want you to know I’m here for you, always. I’m lucky to have you as my daughter and if your daddy is not talking to you, don’t think we don’t love you, ok?” Margret rubbed Mercedes hand in a soothing motion.

“Mom, I know you are always here, you have proved that to me in so many ways. When everyone turns their back I have you. I love you.” Mercedes lifted up from the chair to kiss her mom’s cheek.

“Awww Mercy I love you more. Thanks for making me an honored mother. I’m proud of what you have become.” Mercedes and Margret hugged hard over the table. Mercedes was very appreciative of her mother. From giving birth to her to accepting her and Sam’s relationship. She loved her mom so much and would if she could give the world to her mom. The three of them enjoyed a nice breakfast at the spot. The performers of the morning were really good and could sing well.

“The last performers we will have this morning are Sam and Mercedes. “The owner at the microphone said as the last performers finished.

“Wait what?!” Mercedes looked at her mom surprised.

I signed you two love birds up for the last singing spot, go up there.” Mr. Jones said pushing the two away from the table. Sam led Mercedes to the stage and helped her up the stairs. Mercedes tapped the mike twice when she got up there to see if it was working.