Chapter 3

We Can Do This…….Forever

                                 Chapter 3: Dinner with the Parents

Mercedes fell asleep in Sam’s lap after a little while. He didn’t mind; He loved to have the love of his life in his arms. He always couldn’t believe she was his. Mercedes was perfect in Sam’s eyes. She was just so flawless to him. Sam didn’t want to wake her up but he had to. They had to get over to the Jones’ house for dinner with the parents. They knew they couldn’t be late or they would get in trouble for being inconsiderate of Family time. So Sam decided to kiss her awake. He kissed her neck several times before she began to ster. She opened her eyes and smiled when she remembered she was in Sam’s arms before she fell asleep.

“Hey beautiful,” Sam smiled down on her.

“Hey handsome,” Mercedes smiled up at him.

He just loved the way her brown eyes looked in the sun. All he shall was an angel. She also loved his green eyes and felt like every time she looked into them she was put in a trance. Sam was the most perfect thing she had ever seen. Then Mercedes remembered they had to be at her parents’ house. She jumped out of his lap and grabbed his hand so they could go and not be late.

“Babe slow down!” Sam said when they got back into the house.

“Bye everyone!!!” Mercedes yelled as she gathered all her stuff.

“Aww why do you have to go,” Rachel came up to them.

“Dinner with parents,” Mercedes hugged people bye.

She was rushing out of the house to Sam’s car. Sam laughed as she sat by the car making hand signals for him to run faster. The Jones lived about 5 minutes away but it was 5:56 so Sam was going to have to make it a 4 minute drive. Nothing was said while Sam was driving because Mercedes didn’t want him to slow down. Good thing right on 6:00 they were on the front porch ringing the door bell.

Mercedes’ Mom came to the door. “Right on time, we were about to call,” Mrs. Jones reached out for the two of them to give her a hug.

“Momma I missed you,” Mercedes hugged her mom hard. She hadn’t seen her parents in awhile.

“Aww baby we missed you too but I think Sam missed you the most.” Sam nodded his head at the comment. Martha kissed Mercedes on the cheek.

Martha Jones and Daniel Jones were successful people in Ohio. Daniel Jones was a lawyer and Martha was a business owner. They had three kids including Mercedes. Two boys and a girl. Daniel was a very formal man who speaks his mind and Martha was very sweet and careful women. Mercedes got her charm from her dad and her thoughtfulness from her mom.

Mercedes missed the warmness and smell of her home. She missed her family too. Sometimes it made her think why she went all the way to L.A. Why didn’t she stay in Ohio and went to college there.

Dwight and Mary practically ran Mercedes over. They were so happy to see their future daughter in Law.

“Mercedes, Darling how have you been,” She smiled at Mercedes and winked at Sam.

“I’ve been very good,” Mercedes replied as she hugged Sam’s dad.

“Well that’s good Sweetie,” Mary pinched Mercedes cheek. Sam loved that Mercy was loved by his parents. They always told him, she was the one. Mary and Dwight never did not like Mercedes. Ever since the first family dinner with both the families, everybody knew Sam and Mercedes would be together for a long time.