Chapter 5

We Can Do This….Forever

                                             Chapter 5: I Chose You

Once at Burt and Carole’s house, Sam and Mercedes split up. Mercedes went with the girls and Kurt and Sam went with the boys in Finn’s room.

“So Kurt, How are you and Blaine?” Tina asked while she painted Sugar’s nails.

“Blaine and I are trying to make this long distance thing work like Sam and Mercedes; its hard but we love each other so I know we can do it for a couple of more months till he graduates. All the girls awwwwed over what Kurt said as he blushed.

“I know you and Blaine will work out….” Quinn was also in town with the rest of them. Quinn decided to fly down from Yale because everyone else was down here and she missed them.

“Thanks Quinn!” Kurt smiled the biggest smile at her.

“I don’t know about Sam and Mercedes though.” Quinn looked over to Mercedes. Quinn never really liked Mercedes again after she took Sam. Them being close the week of graduation was Quinn just in the moment of missing everybody and needing someone there to relate to, sing with and cry with.

“Excuse me,” Mercedes lifted her head from doing Brittany’s nails. She wanted to make sure she heard Quinn right. “What did you say?”

“I said that I don’t know if you and Sam will work out.” Quinn tried to act sincere about it but Mercedes saw right through her fake face. Mercedes saw jealousness in Quinn’s eyes. She knew Quinn was still mad after theses years but Mercedes wasn’t going to add fuel to the fire.

“Quinn I’m going to act like you didn’t just say that.” Mercedes went right back to painting nails. Everyone in the room closed their mouths after gapping it open to what Quinn said to Mercedes.

“No Mercedes let’s talk about what I just said.” Quinn kept her eyes on Mercedes and turned to face her. Mercedes knew Quinn was about to drop some heavy stuff in here. This was not what she wanted to do after all that stuff with her dad earlier.

“Quinn please not today,” Mercedes asked nicely.

“No Mercedes I’ve had a lot to say to you for a long time now.” Mercedes began to get really angry with Quinn she knew not to feed Quinn’s foolishness but she wanted to shut Quinn up.

“What is it you want to say then,” Mercedes stopped what she was doing again and turned in the desk chair to face Quinn.

“Well for starters you and Sam will never work.” Quinn put an emphasis on the k.

“And why is that?” Mercedes asked raising her eyebrows.

“Sam likes girls like me. Who look good with just a tiny bit of meat on their bones not a lot. He likes the girls who are preppy and actually are known to this world. Sam prefers girls that look good with him and won’t embarrass him on the daily.” Quinn watched as tears gathered in Mercedes eyes and smiled at her. Mercedes got up to go to Kurt’s bathroom and locked the door. Tina ran to go get Sam in Finn’s room. All the girls except for Quinn gathered by the door telling Mercedes through the door she was beautiful and she and Sam would last forever. They had no luck getting Mercedes to open the door.

“Sam!! Mercedes needs you, come to Kurt’s room,” Tina ran into the room grabbing Sam’s hand and running to Kurt’s room.

“What’s going on?” Sam went into panic mode. “Where’s Mercedes?”

“Ask Quinn,” Kurt looked over to Quinn giving her a stare and eye rolls.

Quinn walked over to Sam. “I kind of just told her that you two wouldn’t work out and you prefer women like me.” Quinn touched his chest. “She’ll be ok.”