Chapter 1

We Can Do This….Forever

                                           Chapter 1: Two Different Places

Sam was getting home from school. His day was so boring. Ever since Cede left he had these normal boring days. He missed her. He missed her smile, her laugh, and her ability to make a day not so normal. Sam wanted to go to L.A. soon to see Mercedes but with his job and taking care of Stevie and Stacy he didn’t have time. He wanted to make time to go there to her.

“Sam, Mercedes is on the phone for you!” Stacy yelled in the kitchen.

“Thanks Stacy,” Sam said as he walked over to the phone and tickled her. Stacy ran away giggling.

“Hey baby.”

“Hey Sam.”

“How are you, is everything ok?”

“Yes baby I’m fine; I just miss you so so so so much!!”

“Me too, you know how I was thinking about flying to L.A.?”

“Yes!!!” Mercedes squealed.

“Well, it’s not going to work out with all the stuff going on down here.”

“O.”

“Baby I’m truly sorry, I love you.”

“I love you too,” She said with a sad tone.

Sam felt bad, he hates when he makes Mercedes feel down or sad. Her emotions affect the rest of his day. So know his day was not so good.

“Sam I have to go. I have a song to learn for band rehearsal.”

“Band?”

“Yea I stated an all girls group. So don’t worry no boys.”

“Good cause you’re all mines!!”

“Omg Sam, I love you, bye”

“Love you too bye,” With that he blew a kiss into the phone and hung up.

Mercedes walked into the living room where Santana, Kurt and Rachel were. The three were down from New York for the week. Mercedes missed them. She had nobody in L.A. but Puck, who was her roommate but they didn’t really spend much time with each other. Sam was hesitant about the whole roommate situation in L.A. but he trusted Puck as a friend and he trusted Mercedes. He knew Puck would have girls in and out of the apartment all day anyway.

“Hey guys,” Mercedes said to her house guest as she walked out of her bedroom into the living room.

“Hey Mercedes,” they all said in unison.

“Y’all are eating all my food, watching my television, and sitting on my couch, I didn’t sign up for this ha-ha.”

“You know you love us!” Kurt said.

“Nope not at all,” She went over and sat in the middle of Kurt and Rachel. She laid her head on Kurt’s shoulder.

“So, how are you and Sam doing,” Rachel asked.

“I guess we are doing good,” Mercedes went right back to sad.

“Awww, Mercedes what’s wrong?” Kurt turned to her.

“Well, we were planning for him to come up here for one weekend but on the phone in there he said it’s not going to work out because there are so many things going on right now.

“OMG, I have the best Idea!!” Santana jumped up and stood in front of Mercedes.

“What?” they said.

“Why don’t you just go to him in Ohio? Matter of fact why don’t we all go. It is Spring break for college after all.”

Mercedes thought about it. If they did go see Sam and surprise him, they would also get to see everybody in Glee Club and Mr. Shue. Kurt could also surprise Blaine.

“Let’s do it!” Mercedes jumped up from the couch and ran to her room to pack.

“We have to book flights and call Mr. Schuester first, Mercedes!!,” Rachel yelled into her bedroom.

They heard someone moving the doorknob with a key at the door. Puck walked in with this girl on his arm leading her to his bedroom.

“What did y’all do with Mercedes,” Puck was looking around with a confused face.

“She’s packing her suitcases.”

“For what? Please don’t tell me she is going with y’all back to New York. Then I have nobody, Great.”

“No, We are going to Lima. Wanna come?” Rachel asked.

“Hell yes!” Puck ran to go pack as well.