Boron

September 30, Resembool

Everything was green and in the other day it was covered in white. Since Resembool is in the west part of Amestris, everyday used to be quite hot with a light breeze from time to time. Snow was so beautiful! It seemed so pure and soft, ya know, like you want to drive into it the same way you dive into your cozy bed sheets in cold winters. And, like the first time, was even more gorgeous.

- Look Alphonse! The grass is white today! Amazing!

- WOAU brother, you're right! We definitely have to go see it!- I whispered to Al:

* Let's sneak out without telling mom! She always dresses us whit those ugly clothes, right Al, be quiet!*

My wonderful rebellious plan soon was interrupted when we heard a sound behind the door- Really boys, you thought you could fool your mother? I got the super ear power!

- Sorry Mom! It was Ed's ideia, I was going to tell you!

- EI THAT THE HELL AL!

- Well, that doesn't matter now. It's not everyday we can enjoy a snow day! Why are my little mans still in bed? Come on, hurry up you guys!- Me and Al stared at each other " We have the coolest mother in the whole damn world"- HURAY LET'S GO!

First, we had to put some ugly clothes, but who cares! Snow is snow, it's to enjoy as much as you can! It was really cold outside and me and Al started to freeze.

- Why it was to be so cold?Damn it you stupid snow!

- Come on Edward! It's not that bad! Like mom says, we have to run and play a lot so we can warm up, so start running!- Easier said than done! snow wasn't really my best pal since I slipped and hit my nice butt right away to the ground like a boss.

- AUHHH DAMN IT! SNOW YOU MORON BE GONE!- I shouted with all my lungs while Al laughed very amused at my beautiful and decent figure.

- OH Brother, you really know you need to take it easy sometimes? Get up! Let's make a snowmen!- "Right, fine but this isn't over yet! Gonna keep an eye on you snow!" I thought 

- Guys Hi! Are you building a snowman? That's so cool, let me help!-Winry was ruing to our house with some other kids from the zone. " That the heck, we didn't invited anyone Winry" 

Some of our neighborhood fellows started making a snowman. They reunited some amount of snow and Al grabbed a carrot from our garden so he could make the nose. Winry putted some black buttons on it.

- Look Ed! Isn't it beautiful? We made a great work, don't you wanna help?

- Whatever, with alchemy I can make one thirteen times bigger in 2 minutes or less!

- Don't be a smart ass, come on Edward! We need a hat and a broom, can you make that?

- Of course I can, who you think I am?- I drew a transmutation circle with my gloves and everyone was staring at it like it was some odd sign for an alien ship to find us there. "Those weirdos", I thought. Successfully, I managed to create a small broom and a black hat, so I handed them to Winry- There you have it! Satisfied?

Winry didn't said a word, and every one was looking at me, like I was some kind a god,which in a kid's dictionary , means your the one who was all the tasty chocolate cookies in the playground.

- ED MAN YOU'RE SO COOL!

- YEAH COME PLAY WITH US! Can you create a sleigh for us?- Basically everyone was now on top of me while Winry watched the scene inches away with a big smile on her face "That mechanic geek likes to see me suffer, damn her"

- YEAH EVERYONE! let's have a snowball fight!

- I want Al in my team! He is really good at throwing things! Come on Alphonse!

- Yeah, I'm coming Winry, let's win this *besides I know Ed's weak spot, so we can beat is butt out!*- That's great Al! Edward's totally tost!

- HEI! what about me!? Alphonse don't you abandon your older brother, have some respect you milk-liker moron!

- Sorry Brother, we already have a relentless plan to beat you! You're gonna lose just like always, that's right!- And that was it. Hell on earth was about to start. Ok, I do have to admit Al always had been better than me in the fighting skills area, but "I am the smart one, and I'll be the greatest alchemist ever, so I can't be good at everything right?". 

Actually that was more a consolation phrase, damn you Al. But it wasn't just that, since Winry had that evil plan of hers: "These two together must had set a fire to burn me alive somewhere. Where are they?"

I felt something behind me, too late. It was already over. I felt a hit right in the middle of forehead with so much strength that I fell right to the ground without even realizing it. I was dizzy and angry, Al and Winry here clapping and dancing in the snow.

- BOOM! TEAM WINRAL ON THE GO! WE WON! TAKE THAT ED! * Winry we better start running, brother is spilling flames out of his mouth, look!*

- YOU'RE DEAD YOU MILK ASSES, COME HERE AND FIGHT ME FOR REAL! WINRY YOU EVILDOER MECHANIC FREAK!

Heah, that was some nice days at the snow. Not that I liked snow, since I was always slipping and hitting with my butt on the ground. But those snowballs, that snowman we made they were a mark of our happy days, when we could actually feel the cold in our skin, in our bones because no worries were in our heads. One of this days, I looked out of the window, and everything came back at me. There was a carrot lost in the middle of the field. I hold it with my hand, and somehow it started snowing, and I was smiling.

Edward Elric, cold reminders

Note: Boron is a very rare element since it's only created by cosmic ray scattering. it can only be found in meteors and not naturally on Earth. It has the highest tensile strength of all elements. When it burn it creates a green like flame.

Thanks for reading this chapter! Please leave a comment if you have any suggestion for the next one shot! (Actually I took inspiration for this chapter at the point in the series when Ed is headed north and he refers the days they spent in the snow!) 

See you soon by by!