Beryllium

August 8, Resembool

What comes to your mind when I say "Milk"?

I know, I know you're probably thinking this: "Jeez, Ed get over the milk stuff already!"- Well, I guess you're right I don't blame you. But, that if I asked:

What does "Milk" mean to you? * I don't know Ed maybe I don't usually spend my time thinking about that foods means to me*- would be the most racional answer. Yet, for me it leads to the old house over the hill, to the countryside shining in the morning and tree little kids playing in the grass before dinner time comes.

- Ed! Come drink your milk! Pinako said

I made a terrified face of dark, fear and dispare as I looked into that disgusting substance of the devil " So, we meet again you little bastard"   

- Edward Elric drink it! Look at Al and Winry, they like it!

- Come on brother, is not that bad, it actually tastes good...

" I feared this day might come" I said as I walked away from the dinner table " My dear brother, I'm sorry but if you choose following the milk ways I fear we can't no longer stay together" 

- EDWARD ELRIC DO YOU WANT TO BE SHORT FOREVER, JUST DO IT YOU LITTLE SHRIMP!

- WHAT!? YOU DRUNK MILK ALL YOUR LIFE AND YOU'RE EVEN SMALLER THAN ME YOU DWARF!

Hup, just another dinner time in the Rockbell's house I guess. We usually had dinner there so we could play with Winry and mom could rest a little. After all the lived meters away and when you are a kid you really have to find yourself some good pals in crime to succeed in life.

- Hey, Winry do you know I'm 120 meters tall!?

- Woau, that's great Alphonse! I'm a litter taller, I'm 123 meters what about you Ed?

- Whatever, does that really matter?

- Actually, it matter a lot... I don't wanna marry a guy who's shorter then I am!

I barely hit my face in the ground. Al was muttering *I must drink milk at all costs*

- WHAT! You can't judge someone by their height, that's so unfair!

- Well... It's not my fault you don't like milk Edward! Just drink it so you can grow taller!

- NO WAY, HOW CAN YOU MECHANIC GEEK!?

- I told you brother, I warned you but you never listened to me!

It's true me and Al had this "Who's gonna marry Winry contest" and I has losing badly to Al, while I was cursing my small condition and thinking " Actually, Why do I care so much about it?", but still

- Forget it! Don't you guys wanna go to the river bank? The blue flowers are gorgeous there! "just like your eyes" I thought to myself.

- Wait Winry, let's climb that tree instead!

- Yeah let's go! I said getting up on my feet again

- Wait brother, You're to small! You can't risk falling and breaking an arm! It's for the best if you wait for us, right Winry?

My head has down and I didn't said a single word. Maybe Al was right. I turned around and left as Winry followed Al. I didn't noticed but she looked behind and smiled. She knew where I was going.

The river bank was and still is my favorite place. It's so quiet and you can see the sun drops over the water changing it's colors. That afternoon, I had a pair of blue flower in my hands.

- Hi Ed! -I looked up surprised to find Winry. I din't saw her coming- I thought I might find you here...

- Well yeah... So, did you had a good time with Al? Was it fun?

- Well, I guess no one commented on the fact that trees are useless because they always hit us in the face when we walk in a windy weather... so, no it wasn't that much fun- I laugh a little "I think I never said that, but she meant she misses me, I guess" I smiled back at her, as she held my own hand, the one with the flowers

 so, no it wasn't that much fun- I laugh a little "I think I never said that, but she meant she misses me, I guess" I smiled back at her, as she held my own hand, the one with the flowers

- It's ok to be little Ed, so don't be sad about it . There's really no big deal really!- Her face softened with a loving look- You're kind, I know you are Ed, in a strange way of course... so can you keep a secret?

- Well... I guess... What is it?- She came closer to me and whispered in my ear: * I don't like milk either Ed. I give it to Dan when granny isn't watching*

She stud up and looked so deeply into my hazel eyes, that it felt like she was reading my soul- "Let's stay together Ed, we have to! People who don't like milk have to stick together, right? So grow up, you get it!?"

I waved yes with my head as I watched her leave with her golden hair reflecting every shaft of sunlight, just like the river, dancing in the wind while heading back home. She had a blue flower in her hair and  I had a promise in my heart. Without even realize it, milk actually made me grow up. But in a different way, a inside one.

Edward Elric, Milk-like promises 

Note: Beryllium is one of the most toxic and rare elements in the universe. It's only formed  in the fragmentation of large nuclear stars since it's a strong and  weightless. It can be found in the sun itself and in more than 30  different mineral  such as aquamarine and emeralds. 

Thanks for reading guys! See you soon in the next chapter!

Author's note: The first ten chapters will be about Ed's childhood as you can see. I has planing making another ten after they lost their bodies, and maybe another ten or more after they got their bodies back! Do you agree? Tell me that you think in the comments!