7. Backstory

I'm so sorry it took so long to update! I had writer's block halfway through and school was also annoying as was personal life. I hope this chapter will be good enough to service and not be too scrappy. Please don't kill meh! (Plz I'm yet to appear in the story! )

ANYWAYS! ALONG WITH THE STORY!

(Smokescreen's POV)

I love the sound of Rider's singing voice. She sounds like an angel when she sings. No matter what mood I'm in, whether I'm angry, upset, afraid, happy, tired or possessed, it always manages to slip me into a peaceful recharge. This time, I was ready to majorly hurt Ratch, but I wasn't myself. It wasn't me in charge. It was something else which I've always wanted to go since Megamouth got his crummy servos on me. A small bit of his evil spark, full of hatred which can be set off by the slightest thing. It happened when I was still a sparkling, only just brought into the world.

~~Flashback~~

My carrier had taken her optics off of me for a moment to do something, and in that moment, Megatron had gotten me. Realizing that I was just born, he took me away so no-one could see what he was doing. He then forcefully opened my chestplates to show my tiny spark, which might I mention was very painful. He then opened his, and somehow took a tiny bit of his spark and inserted it into my own.

He then dumped me back near our house, and my carrier saw me. Then the Decepticons bombed our house, which set his part of the spark off, making me lose control over my tiny frame. But I still saw what was happening which made the experience worse. He laughed when he saw his plan worked, and left, waiting for me to grow up, along with his spark.

~~Flashback end~~

As I grew up, my spark got bigger, as did his part. Over time I managed to gain control of the 'other me', and stopped it before it took control. But I always knew it was there, ready to come out and permanently take me over when it got set off, and that: I feared. No-one else knew about it, mainly because I didn't let them. I hid it from everyone around me, in case they thought I was going to betray them for the Decepticons. 

But enough of the past and more of the present. As the evil side is staring at Ratch with absolute hate, I send sadness and fear through the bond along with the hate and anger the evil side is sending through. Rider does something stupid. She jumps in front of 'me', blocking the path to Ratch. 'I' land on her and she grabs me, stopping me from moving. 'I' then punch her, making her instantly drop me, then turn back around to face Ratch who had a terrified look on his faceplates.

Then Rider blocked the path again. This time, the whole team pitched in to help me. Optimus helped Ratchet out of the way, whilst Arcee, Bulk, Bee and Rider forced my frame to sit. I suddenly felt compassion and love through the bond from Rider. 'I'll have to seriously thank you later sis' I think to myself as the other go, leaving me and Rider alone. 

Rider then does something I only remember her doing before the war started. She sings to me. I listen to the lyrics, and the evil slowly retreats, leaving me back in charge. As she carries on singing, my optics get heavy and I lean on her heavily. I then slip into recharge after sending love to her through the bond. Man, I have to repay her back so much for this. I dream about us again before the war, but this time, it doesn't end up as a nightmare. It stays good.

~~Dream/flashback~~

I'm standing with my elder sisters and we're all battling it out. I'm fighting Rider and Night, while they're fighting me. What they're doing is training me. I've always wanted to be a good fighter, and have been training for a few solar cycles. I can tell that they're going easy on me, but not too easy. I was venting harshly but I was determined to win against at least one of them. 

"Oh come on Smokey! You can last longer than that! Try throwing more punches and kicks at our legs and peds. That's the weak point of a bot during a battle. Use it to your advantage!" DarkNight told me.

I vented deeply, holding it before lunging towards Night throwing a punch at her faceplates before dropping to the ground and kick-swiping at her legs, knocking her off balance and making her land on her aft. I jumped and cheered at my small victory. Rider just stands there shaking her head at me. I look up and see her distracted, so I take that chance and punch her in the chassis, making her skid across the floor. I jump around in victory again.

"Never get distracted. Glad you remembered it Smokey." Night told me while she and Rider got up. I swear to Primus they're never gonna live that nickname down.

Then our Carrier came over and told me something. She had that 'good news' look on her faceplates which told me I wasn't in trouble. That's a first huh? 

"Smokescreen. Please may I talk to you? Do not worry, you are not in trouble for a change. This is about an opportunity you Sire and I would like to give you."

By this time, my two sisters had walked off to do their own thing. They usually try to get me to join them, but I don't really want to. I mean, all I wanna do in my spare time is train or spend time with my Carrier.

"What would you like to talk about Carrier?" I learnt not to speak rudely towards Carrier and Sire. They would get annoyed at the bad manners and would punish you in some way or form. Last time I was punished it was a night outside the house. Primus, why did they have to choose a cold night?

"We were thinking that because you want to be a warrior when you are older and fight beside Optimus Prime when the time comes would you like to join the Elite Guard when the time comes? Your Sire has allowed it if you wish to join."

My faceplates lit up with joy. I never thought Carrier and Sire would allow me to join the Elite Guard!

"Yes please Carrier! I would love to join the Elite Guard when I am old enough! I would learn and train and make you proud of me! Thank you!"

I tackled her in a hug before asking her a question.

" I have a question Carrier. What do my sister's do in their spare time? They always ask me if I wanna join them but I always decline because I don't know what they do."

She thought for a moment.

"In their spare time they either go out with their friends or go to the training room we have in the basement. I suggest joining them when they next ask."

I hug her again. Then I yawn, obviously tired after training for hours straight. It was turning night-time anyways so I said goodnight and headed to my berthroom. I laid down and fell into recharge.

~~Dream/Flashback end~~