4. Found and Fixed

(Meanwhile)

(SmokeRider's POV)

I was suddenly awoken when another alarm went off. I vent and go to see what is wrong this time. As I get up to the console, I gasp. I'm heading towards a planet fast, one populated with an indigenous species. My optics scan around, looking for something to hold onto when I crash. Then something catches my optic. A small handle above the door. I hold onto it as I see land come into view faster and faster. The pod crashed and broke open, making me tumble out, leaving me with tons of gashes all over my frame. Then something, no, someone puts their hand on my leg. I look down to see a human female child, with a worried look on their face.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" The child was about the age of 7 in human years. I had learned quite a bit about humans from Team Prime when they told me stories about their time on earth when I was a sparkling. 

I groaned in pain before answering. "N-No I am not dear. I am heavily wounded from my crash and there are no medics around to fix me. I do thank you for your concern but I doubt you could know someone who could fix me." Then the child's face lights up, supposedly because she has an idea.

"I could try to fix you! I know quite a bit about robotics and how to fix things. Including alien robots from space." She looked at me before seeing my insignia that I proudly showed on my chest and wings. Her face lit up again. "You're an Autobot!"

I stared at her shocked. How did she know about us and our faction? And why is she not with anyone at such a young age? "Please excuse me for asking, but how do you know about us and where are your guardians?" I'm still shocked but also concerned. She just looked down and ven-sighed.

"My parents died when I was young. One of your Autobot comrades was then my guardian until not too long ago when the Decepticons killed him in cold blood. Or cold energon in your case." A tear rolled down her cheek. This must be hard on her. Her guardians killed at a young age only for her Autobot guardian to also be killed. Primus, she had a hard life.

"What is may I ask your designation?" I want to know her name before anything else but I already feel like she is growing on me. I might just let her fix me if an Autobot trusted her with our secret.

"It's name here on Earth and it's Hazel. Hazel Baker. What's yours?" She looked up at me, before taking off a backpack I didn't notice her wearing and took out a Cybertronian repair kit and started to fix me up.

"It's SmokeRider. The eldest sibling out of my family. The youngest was my brother, Smokescreen and the one in the middle was my li'l sis DarkNight... We got split up when the war started on our planet, destroying it. Now we seek refuge on planets such as this one. My sire and carrier died in the heat of battle, by my side. Worst thing, we were due for a new brother. But he died before he was born. Smokescreen was too young to fight, so he was put into guard duty. Never saw him again. But he is alive, and so is DarkNight. We have a special bond which keeps us all connected. We all lost it, but I'm sure the other two have it back, considering I have mine."

I then stopped, realizing I was rambling on about my family history. I quickly apologised. "I'm sorry for rambling. I tend to get carried away." But she shook her head.

"It's fine. It's nice when other people talk about their background because that way you know more about them. You also get to know what to avoid in a conversation when talking to them as to not make them sad, upset or uncomfortable." She looked up before smiling. "And now I know more about you and you know more about me! So we're even!" I just looked at her before smiling myself.

"You sure are one smart girl. An especially talented one at that. You really know what you're doing out in the big world. All I knew was how to fight and defend for myself when I was your age." She got surprised at the compliment.

"No-one's ever said that about me before." I smile again.

"Well now you have and you deserve it." I tell her. Then I wonder if she's done fixing me.

I look down at myself to see she is done. I looked like I hadn't been injured before. It was amazing! I nodded and said thank you before attempting to get up, only to fall back down. "No no don't move! You need time to rest and recover before moving around! Also, could I stay with you? I have no family left to go to and nowhere to go." Hazel looked like she was gonna start crying. I don't like seeing people crying after what I experienced in the war. Many a sparking crying out for their carriers only to be murdered in cold energon. The horrible and painful memory made a shiver go down my backstrut. I lift her head up gently with my digit and carefully wiped her tears away.

"Of course I will. You fixed me up, and you have such a sad life story for someone as young as you." This earned me a small punch in the arm.

"I'm not that young! I'm seven years old!" She exclaimed, puffing out her chest.

"In human years, I'm as old as your mom would be: 39 years old." She pouted.

"But anyways. Thank you thank you thank you! You don't even realize how much this means to me!" She hesitated before asking something. "Can-Can I call you Smoke? I see you like a sister I never had even though we only met not too long ago." I thought for a moment before replying.

"You may call me Smoke if you wish to. You seem like a really nice girl to have as a sister anyways." Hazels face lit up, make me smile.

"Thank you again Smoke! I love you!" This statement makes a light blue blush appear on my faceplates before I returned the saying.

"I love you too Hazel." She hugged one of my digits before yawning. I noticed it was starting to get dark so I transformed and she got in, falling asleep in my seat almost straight away. I closed my door and turned off the interior and exterior lights after turning the heating on slightly in order to keep us warm during the night. 'Goodnight Hazel. Sleep well.' I thought before slipping into recharge myself. The night passed peacefully and nothing disturbed us until morning.

~~~A/N~~~

Wow! A new human for the Autobots to worry about! I did say I'll try to release a new chapter every two days but school is annoying. Also, I'm sorry for the recent updates being in the middle of the night (for me anyway). My weird chapter-length has come back so sorry for the short chapter. Hope you enjoy this so far!

Bye for now!

*Teleports away*