Chapter Seven

Victim Seven and Eight

I woke up with my door getting banged as I opened an officer said "there's been a double murder", I asked him who it was and he said "Mr. and Mrs. Shelby", I replied "I haven't seen him since he was in my shop the day before yesterday to use some bonnets and gloves for their window", he then asked if I knew of anyone who would have anything against then, I said "not that I know of" he then left.

As I was closing the door I noticed a man walking down the road he looked familiar in a strange way, I went upstairs and got ready for work. I had a flashback that's when I realized the bearded man was my father I felt a surge of hatred beat through my whole body as I clenched my fist I wantd to hit the wall but i stopped myself .

I then thought maybe I was imagining him as my urge to kill was getting stronger he was the last heartless man I knew of that I needed revenge on maybe then I could stop this reckless behavior and the police would eventually stop looking for the killer.

I walked to work and met Mrs. Dawson on my way she said "I need new blankets please as my late arrival last night accidently ripped one and I'm now having to use it for rags", I agreed and said "I will drop them in later" she said "thank you"and entered The Inn.

After she left I heard the back door knocked it was Har with my fabrics, after he had put them away he told me that the police are planning to search houses to see if they can find the killer my toes curled up in my shoes.

I knew I had to get my box out of my house so I asked harry to stay for lunch and he agreed. As lunch approached I told him Im going out to get the Boonting Gazette and some quiche from The Grocers, I also picked my box up and when I got back to work I placed it under the counter where nobody could see it or so I thought.

Harry looked a bit uncomfortable during lunch so I decided to lock the back door without him realizing. When he thought I wasn't looking he opened the box, I started to make us a cup of tea that's when he tried to sneak out the back door.

I asked him what was wrong he stuttered and said "iitt''ss you", I approached him saying "they all deserved it heartless, heartless people with a scowl on my face, I wish you hadn't figured it out you're a nice person but now you know too much".

In the heat of the moment I lost control and stabbed him with the scissors so many times that I lost count and then locked him in I couldn't take his heart out in fact I couldn't bear to watch him die either. I picked up the blankets and opened the door tears filled my eyes as I closed up after wiping away my tears I took the blankets to Mrs. Dawson while there I had a few shots of whisky and saw my dad again propped up at the bar.

I said "hello" and he replied "do I know you" I said "no sir I'm being polite", he grumbled so I left him alone after a few drinks I went home, as I looked out of my window I saw him go for a walk I decided to follow him.

He walked into the alley and stopped and turned around, I pinned him up to the wall he asked what are you doing you daft women", I almost wanted to run away but a picture of my bruised mum came to my mind angrily I replied "who do you think I am", he said "I don't know" I then took out my scissors and stabbed him in his neck saying, "that's for my mum" in that moment he realised who I was and his last word was " Jane " I stabbed him again saying "and that's for me you hurt us you cruel and heartless man and then blood spilled out of his neck I saw it flow out as he lay dying I opened him up and pulled his heart out and put it in his hand and watched it stop beating and then it suddenly got colder I then put you hurt us in his mouth and stitched his much shut and after sowing his skin up I took his gloves with me and rushed home as quick as my legs would let me.

I then cleaned myself up and threw my clothes into the fire, sterilized my things but realized my needle was missing I must have left it in my haste to get away but I knew I couldn't go back for it now as I might get caught. I made myself some left over soup and had a shot or two of whisky to calm myself before going to bed and fell asleep.