Sower Of Death

My new amazing cover has been made by bonnieiloveyou hope you like the cover as much as I do  :))))))))))

Bad Memories Came Back.

My name is Jane I'm a lady of medium build and I have long red hair which I tied back, I'm in my mid thirties. My life has been both good and bad I used to be nice in fact I wouldn't say boo to a goose this is my story of how I went from nice to naughty i moved to the quaint littile village of Boonting last year.

I do enjoy my job making dresses and hemming up clothes etc. It's a busy life for a seamstress. It's near the end of summer the weather grows dull as autumn is on its way and people are coming into my little shop to order their autumn clothes so that they don't get a chill.

Mrs. Jones came in she looked a bit down but she likes to be spoken to only when she speaks so I took her order without saying anything and she left, I then got to work on her husband's tweed suit and her winter bonnet and matching muff. Soon it was time for lunch, I put the closed sign up and had a piece of quiche and a cup of tea, then turning the sign over I got back to my work sowing and attaching buttons etc.

Mrs. Granger from the manor up the road came in and bought the red velvet dress I had in the window and then said "goodbye". I went out to the back room and brought through a purple dress and put it in the window for all to see.

Business had slowed down by this time which gave me more time to make orders up, then in the back room I heard a scuffle as Harry entered with some fabrics which he nearly tripped over I had ordered them so my stock doesn't run out. After I paid Harry for delivering my fabrics I looked at the clock and saw it was time to close up for the day.

And because I had made a profit I decided to have a meal at Mrs. Burns's eateries which made a change from cooking my own dinner. Then I walked down to The Inn for a few drinks before heading home it was a nice house though the windows let in the odd chill of wind at times, I have an ample cooker for making one pot meals and a small couch and bed.

As I walked home I saw Mr. and Mrs. Jones they were walking home and turned down the alley as I walked past at the corner of my eye I saw that Mr. Jones was shaking Mrs. Jones and they were arguing.

Suddenly a bad feeling came over me while I was walking home I started having flashbacks of my mum and dad arguing he was shaking her and she was calling him a heartless man and he slapped her with a force that knocked her to the floor.

As I ran home fearful of these memories I closed my door and stood against it feeling that my chest was going to jump out I took a few deep breaths and while trying to calm myself down, I made myself a cup of tea adding two sugar cubes in for the shock. It took some time but I eventually went to my bed while listening to a drunken man singing in the street I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

In the morning I awoke feeling a little tired. I put on a blue dress and I opened my window then I made myself eggs for breakfast with a cup of juice and got my coat and hat on and walked to work. I couldn't help but wonder how Mrs. Jones was after her husband shouting and shaking her.

Once I opened up I put the kettle on to have a cup of tea the door opened in walked Mrs. Jones I could see she was wearing a long sleeved dress though it was quite a warm day today. She did look a bit warm so I offered her a glass of water which she said "yes please".

I showed her to a seat and as she drank her water I busied myself wrapping up her order so it wouldn't get dirty as I turned round I noticed her itch her arm and as her sleeve moved back I saw a bruise around her wrist, I felt a rage boil inside me that I hadn't felt before I broke my tracing pencil in half then I snapped out of it I asked her if she was okay.

Mrs. Jones was about to speak as she looked up at the clock she closed here mouth there was a nervousness about her as if she had to get home quickly so I gave her package to her and walked her to the door saying "come in anytime if you want to chat" she almost managed a smile and said "goodbye" I closed the door.

After she had left another flashback came to me of my father slapping my mum really hard, I saw she had a bruise on her cheek, though she did her best to cover it up with cosmetic powder, then I also remembered when my father went to work one day me and my mum rushed to pack our things and ran away to a tiny village where I grew up safely and forgot the past or so I thought.

One day my mum had a severe panic attack and passed away, after her funeral I sold everything me and her owned as I couldn't live there without her and moved to this village called Boonting to start a new life and my own business.

After tidying up the shop I decided to close up early and went home on the way I saw Mrs. Cutler throwing her husband's clothes out the window shouting as loud as she could "if you want to sleep with that then move in with it". As Mr. Cutler was picking up his clothes she threw some cold water out the window and it landed over him he let out a groan then said " did you have to do that she replied " you're lucky it wasn't hot water " he turned to me and said " have you seen enough " I turned around and continued to walk home. I got in and made myself some fish stew for my dinner, but I couldn't get things out of my head so after my diner I went for a bath and tried to relax.

The room seemed to fill with steam all over as if my rage was all around me, my bath wasn't hot I couldn't understand where the steam had come from but when I said out aloud no more women getting hurt by heartless men I shall make them pay, eerily the steam disappeared.

As if my mind clearing its thoughts had made it evaporate. I then got dressed ready for bed so I'd be refreshed for the day ahead I had a cup of tea before turning out my light and falling asleep.