XX.

Killian's POVThe next couple weeks went by with something of a blur

Killian's POV
The next couple weeks went by with something of a blur.

My connection with James grew stronger, but he had insisted we take things slow.

Painstakingly slow.

I knew he wanted to respect the fact that this was my first anything really, but I couldn't help the attraction I felt towards him every time I saw him.

"What's sex like?" I had asked Rosie one day as we were both laying lazily on my bed. She sprung up almost instantly at those words.

"Well wouldn't you like to know." She raised her eyebrows suggestively. "Were you thinking of Marvin Gayeing and getting it on with Mr. Handsome?"

I glanced away, thinking of how to answer that.

"I-I'm just wondering." I replied. I was incredibly embarrassed now. These were not conversations I was used to.

"Well I mean it's pretty fucking amazing but I'm not sure about sex for guys... but I mean guys wouldn't do it if it didn't feel good right? Let me message one of my gay friends and ask him what he likes-"

"No no!" I cut in instantly. There was no need for her to pry that deep on my behalf.

She gave me a large smile, but it faltered slightly.

I could already tell why the mood was shifting as realization dawned on her.

"The date is coming up, you know." She spoke finally. I suddenly became interested in the loose thread of my sweater.

I had pushed that memory so far into the back of my head, I thought I could've almost forgot it.

Almost.

"Will you go see her?" Rosie asked quietly. She knew she was trespassing on private grounds now.

"I'm not sure." I replied honestly. My mind wandered back to the conversation I had with Sarah a few nights ago...

I had heard a faint knock on my door, pulling me from my cell biology textbook I was now reading for the second time. It seemed to be the only thing that helped the nights pass quickly.

"Come in." I called out. Sarah pushed the door open a few minutes later with a cup of her signature sleepy time tea. "Thank you." I spoke gingerly, as I set the cup down besides the night stand.

"Nightmares?" She asked. I gave her a nod.

I never wanted to trouble her anymore with these things, but that was just how Sarah was. She'd known me too well by now to know when something was up.

"Hopefully the tea helps." She replied. A few minutes passed.

I could tell there was something on her mind almost instantly. She looked conflicted.