XI.

"Killian, are you almost ready?" Rosie called out from the bathroom down the hall

"I've been ready, waiting for you for like the last 25 minutes." I shot back. I heard the sound of more makeup bags being unzipped and zipped.

The living room tv now read 10:03 pm. Sarah was long gone, and besides the occasional noices from the bathroom, everything seemed far too quiet for a Friday night.

I was so used to hearing the halls of Princeton getting ready for parties on Friday nights. I, of course, never participated. I had thought of doing a research paper on the experience, but after finding a drunk guy passed out naked on my dorm room floor one morning, I decided it wasn't my cup of tea.

Rosie appeared at the front of the corridor moments later. She was wearing this tight gold sequins dress that hugged every roll on her body. She didn't really have any rolls, so maybe they were actually curves? I thought it looked uncomfortable when I saw it on her in the fitting rooms. She just responded with "Pain is beauty."

Her legs looked the most uncomfortable as she tried to walk in these super high heels. When her eyes met mine, she pretended to faint against the wall.

"Mama Mia don't you look like one tall dark drink. Mm mm mmmm I did good. I did real good." Rosie sighed longingly.

I was in a tighter than average dress top, with a belt and some dress pants. I didn't have much of any muscle, but my broad shoulders helped fill in the top part of the shirt. This dark color on me made my pale skin stand out even more than average.

"You look like some sexy vampire that belongs on twilight." Rosie assure. I wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or not. I wasn't sure what twilight was.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

After a few more millenniums of 'touch ups' Rosie was now ready to be seen by the public. She ordered us an Uber even though I told her I had no intention of drinking tonight and could definitely sober cabbie us home.

She wouldn't hear it.

-

When we finally arrived at the club, I almost did a 180 to call for a cab. The line had seriously trickled out the front doors and wrapped itself around the entire building.

"There's no way we're getting in tonight." I told Rosie. She just rolled her eyes at me and handed me her purse to hold temporarily.

"You just gotta know how to play it right with the bouncers. Here, watch this." Her hands went to her boobs to push them up a little inside her bra, before we approached the bouncer at the very front of the line.

"I'm sorry, You two will have to wait like the rest of you don't have VIP entry." The man spoke. Rosie gave him one of her flirtatious laughs, and just like any average male would do, his eyes immediately cast down to her cleavage.