XXIII.

Sarah's POV I ran out after Killian immediately

Sarah's POV
I ran out after Killian immediately.

I still couldn't dissolve what just happened.

He had been crying. Actually crying. I wasn't sure why but now I couldn't stop the tears that actively flowed down my cheeks. When I had finally caught up with him, he was sitting on the back stairwell that lead up to the roof access.

His eyes were puffy now, but he had successfully wiped away the tears. His eyes were different though. The mixed raw emotions I had seen earlier were still there. So much pain was now present in those pale irises.

"Killian." I whispered, taking a seat on the staircase besides him.

He gave me a weak smile. It broke my heart in two.

"I'm sorry I ran out." He mumbled. I chuckled dryly.

"Don't apologize. Ever. The fact that you came out tonight meant the word to me. It meant the world to everyone in that room. It meant the world to your mother..." I whispered that last part.

Killian didn't say anything, but instead, he did something so incredibly unexpected. He laid his head gently into the crook of my neck. This was probably the most physical contact both Killian and I had ever had.

"You're the sister I wish I could've had earlier... could've known earlier." He whispered back to me finally. Tears were streaming down my cheeks at this point, and I wasn't sure my heart could take any more pain. All I could think about was the stories my parents had told me many years ago.

Everything that had happened to Killian before he had stumbled into our lives...

I just couldn't believe his strength. Strength to move past that. Strength to live past that.

How was it, even in this moment, I felt as if the person who was really being comforted here was me? It was always me.

Killian never failed to watch over me, even if it was my job as the older sister.

"Hey Sarah?" Killian asked, breaking up my thoughts.

"Yes, Kil?" I replied.

"I love you." He whispered. His voice broke at the end there, and I couldn't help but lean my head against his.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

-

Killian's POV
I felt the wind flip back my suit jacket as I leant against the edge of the roof. The cool breeze felt nice against my tear stained cheeks.