Arrival

Chapter 15

Arrival

Taipei (1989)

Bruce had been taken from Alfred. He had been shipped to Taipei. He had just got there right now. Bruce was lying in front of a fifteen footed door. His eyes where slit just enough to see a little. He saw the door open.

A man with brown hair and a brown goatee walked out with the same kinds of ninja that captured Bruce back at his manor. The man with the goatee put his hand out to Bruce and helped him up.

"Hello young man. I'm Henri Ducard what is your name?"

"B-br-uce," Bruce shivered. "Bruce Wayne."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Wayne. Here, you will learn the ways of the League and in time you will become the best." Ducard saw something in Bruce that no one else saw. He saw hope.

"I will train you, and then you will help the League reach new heights." Ducard said.

Hours later Ducard ate with Bruce at a table. "I know about you Bruce. I know how you blame yourself for you parents' deaths; how you think you could have prevented it from happening. How you think you should have stopped the criminal who did it."

"Because I could have stopped him!" Bruce said.

"You were only a child, Bruce. You couldn't have done any better. That's why Alfred sent you, he wanted us to show you that it wasn't your fault. It was the man with the gun and in time you will find that man with the gun." Ducard said.

They continued to eat in silence for a while. Ever since Bruce arrived, Ducard made him feel at home,