Taken

Chapter 11

Taken

Wayne Manor (1989)

Bruce was eighteen and still angry and depressed about his parent death. The killer, Joe Chill hadn't been caught or seen since the murder, and Bruce was willing to hunt him down.

"You're not ready," his butler, Alfred would tell him every day.

Alfred was his trainer, his mentor. Alfred trained Bruce how to be silent, vigilante, and prone. He would show him martial art moves by using them on him. When Bruce tried the move, he would have to do the move the same exact way as Alfred or Alfred would take down Bruce.

If Bruce was angry at Alfred for getting mad at him, Alfred would discipline Bruce. He would smack him had say, "You wanted me to train you, so I'm training you."

After, Bruce would stomp off angrily. But this time was different; Alfred wasn't wearing his white sleeveless shirt showing off his dragon tattoo and his black cargo pants. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a black bowtie.

"Why aren't you in your normal clothes?" Bruce asked.

"I'm your butler." Alfred told him.

"So, aren't we training today?" Bruce questioned.

"No, I'm not training you anymore. I can't. You won't survive if you're planning on stopping crime when you grow older. You won't survive with just my techniques, I have taught you all I know." Alfred said.

"But-," The teenaged Bruce was interrupted.

"No buts, you won't survive. Your have too much anger and you need to learn from someone else. That's why I choosing to send you away. You'll be going to a disclosed location in Taipei. You will be going to the same place where I learned my techniques. There, you will be learning more moves and counters. You'll also learn how to channel your anger, something I could never teach you."

Alfred had never sent Bruce away before. Not even when Bruce was young, Alfred hadn't sent him away to school. He was home schooled learning all the same things other kids would in a public school, like math, reading, and science. But now, Alfred was sending him away for the first time.

"Alfred-," Bruce couldn't finish.

A dark fading creature popped out on the bottom of the ceiling. He jumped on Bruce.

"The League of Shadows has truly thanked you for your donation." The creature said. It had appeared that the creature was a black dressed ninja wearing a visor where his eyes should be.

"You better take care of him," Alfred demanded.

"Don't worry we will." The ninja replied.

"A-Al-f-fr-ed." Bruce whispered weakly.

The ninja cause a lot of pain when he landed on Bruce. He knew where the pressure points of the body were. Bruce had never felt this much pain.

"Don't worry Bruce, everything will be alright. Just think of me every step of the way and I'll be there." Alfred said calmly. A tear slit out his eyes and raced down his cheek, "They'll take care of you." Bruce shut his eyes fully. He was unconscious. "Now go," Alfred said, "Tell Ra's Al Ghul to give him Henri Ducard as his mentor"

"Yes Mr. Pennyworth." The ninja nodded and disappeared in the darkness. 

He had taken Bruce with him. Bruce didn't know it yet but he had just started his journey to becoming The Batman.