Two Others + The Collar's Off!!

Mattie is so nice!! He helped me learn about things I've never had or even seen before!! He even has new books, and there's this one little comic one his brother gave him-- I actually kinda like it... It's called 'Spider-Man', I can't go into detail about it though- since I'm still trying to figure out the right words.. He also showed me how TVs worked, and it had cartoons and real-looking stuff..

I was sitting on the couch, wearing one of his plain blue shirts-- which reached below my thighs. He also let me borrow one of his comfy shorts that was actually, hidden under the baggy shirt. Scars, bruises, and cuts were all over my body- but I didn't really mind them, since I knew I had to live with them for a long time. I figured out he thought I was a boy, not that I mind.

I was sitting in the couch, watching a little cartoon with Mathew. He let me sit on his lap, actually-- which was really comfy and warm, his arms were wrapped around me, making me feel safe and secure. I felt relaxed for once- no negative thoughts, no tension in the air- or even any fear.

I started to drift off into sleep, before I suddenly perked up and snapped my head towards the door, eyes locked with it. Mattie followed my gaze, seeing the door-knob turn with some muffled yelling behind it. My instincts went wild, as I darted off behind the side of the couch, obviously startled greatly as Mattie stood up to the knocking.

"YOO! Bro! I'm heere--!!"

"Don't be so loud, you wanker! It's 12 in the morning!!" The loud, obnoxious voice was cut off by another, the British voice scolding the strange sounding one.

Mathew had chuckled, making me peak a bit as I slowly started to calm down. He walked towards the door, opening it with a smile. He had on his glasses this time, his indigo eyes bright as he welcomed in the two guests.

One of them had light, blond hair. His eyes a grass-green color that reminded me of a well-watered field of beautiful weeds, which was what Master's land looked like during spring. His eyebrows were very bushy, and funny-looking while he had a smile on his face. I'll call him 'Gentleman' for now. The Gentleman wore a dark green sweater (matching his eyes), his jeans a plain coal black.

The other guy looked pretty strange, his hair a dirty-blond. His glasses seemed to almost cover his pretty blue colored eyes, a cowlick sticking out in his parted hair, and a big cheerful smile on his face. I'll be calling him 'Blue' until I learn his name... Blue had on a brown boomer jacket, his jeans actually a navy-blue.

These two were an odd bunch...

"Come on in, you two! Oh-- I have someone staying with me, I'm not sure how long-- it's up to him." Mattie glanced at me peaking at the two, I quickly ducking back under out of sight. Gentleman had slightly gasped.

"You're taking care of a boy, Mathew?" He asked in a hushed tone, though no luck in hiding it since my hearing is much more sensitive then the average human. I heard Blue's footsteps come towards the area I hid in, making my heart race. I've never met any other people before, other then Mathew-- and Master's influence made me really scared and cautious of everything that moved.

"Hey, dude! I'm Alfred, the hero!!" His loud voice made me cover my ears, as I silently whimpered with my eyes closed shut. I brought my knees closer to myself for both comfort and protection.

"Alfred! You're scaring the poor child!" Gentleman snapped, though not as loud as 'Alfred'(?) had. He walked over, steps softer and gentle as he kneeled in-front of me with a warm smile. "I'm sorry, he's just like that-- Are you alright? Oh- and my name is Arthur Kirkland, it's very nice to meet you, child."

1 point for Arthur

0 for Alfred

I slowly nodded, before Mattie came over. I had gotten up quickly and sprinted behind him like a blur, clutching his shirt out of shyness and fear. He had placed one of his hands on my head, Alfred's smile getting a bit smaller as Arthur chuckled.

"You two look very cute together, Mathew. What's his name? I never got it.." Arthur said, still being very polite as he stood up.

"Oh-- His name's Erai, Erai Hotaru. Give me one second, alright?" Both men nodded, before Mathew had turned to me, and kneeled down to my height. "Erai, is it alright if I explain them your past? Alfred and Arthur would want to know, before taking that collar off your neck." I thought for a moment, before hesitantly nodding with a small smile. He kissed my head, and turned to the other two.

"Hey, um... You guys..? Do either one of you know how to get a metal shock-collar off?" Alfred nodded, striking a proud pose.

"Yeah! Why though?"

"Uhh.. Well..."

--After Explaining--

Alfred seemed serious, his happy and joyful expression gone as Arthur looked at me sympathetically. The blue-eyes man walked over to me, gently grabbing the metal collar before looking me in the eye.

"Hey, Erai was it? Do you know how high the setting is on this thing?" He asked his voice stern-- yet soft at the same time.

"N-Not exactly... But M-Master set it on the h-highest setting... I-It broke since I was out in the s-snow too long, and it's rusty... Can you still g-get it off..?" Alfred had paused, thinking hard before he looked to Arthur.

"Arthur, I need you to use your 'magic' or whatever to keep the collar off, since it can obviously switch back on and or shock her at random moments. Mathew- you have a fire-torch, right? I need you to go get it-"

"A-Are you sure this'll be safe, Alfred--??"

"He'll be fine, I'm sure of it-- I've done this a lot of times... Erai, I'm gonna burn the collar off-- but as I do, I need you to not move as much as you can, alright? I know this might burn a little, but if I hurt you- just try to suck it up... Do you want to do this?" I took a deep breath, before opening my mouth to speak.

"If this is the only way to get this hell collar off of me... Then do it. I've endured pain before, a little more wouldn't be the end of the world, right? Heh.."

--------------

AlfredPOV:

--------------

Erai was a pretty strong boy for his age.. I really hope I don't accidentally hurt the kid!!

I grabbed the torch, Erai having his chin up so it would be easier for me to cut it. A line was on the collar, probably where the monster who owned him had put it on. It was really tight on the poor guy, I could barely fit my pinky behind it!!!

Soon enough, Arthur did his magic thing- helping me out as I cut through the heated metal. Erai had flinched, but I barely noticed it at all!! His shoulders were tense, and his body was stiff. He was nervous

"Just wait, alright? I'm almost done..." I said, trying to calm him down as I was close to finishing. Soon enough, I got the cursed thing off of him-- earning a big hug from the boy.

-------------

EraiPOV:

-------------

I hugged him tightly, crying into him with joy and relief. Alfred is a Hero, and I'm always gonna say that no matter what. I technically owe him my life, for what he's done for me-- I'm so happy right now, and I wish I could pay him back. My neck was red- a dark, fresh scar where the collar used to be.

Alfred wrapped his arms around me, patting my head as I sobbed into him

"It's alright, Erai.. You're safe now..." I looked up at him.

"Thank-you."

P  E

----------

Hurrah! ! I finally got another chapter out ouo. Thanks for sticking with me, guys! ♡♡

Have a good Night/Day!!!