Strangers Home

Soon enough, poor Erai had opened her eyes. She saw a white ceiling-- looking a bit sand-ish as she stared. She had no idea where she was, but was thankful that it was warm-- She snuggled up in the blankets-- before feeling something ever so cold around her whole neck.

The Collar

She sat up abruptly, pulling and yanking at it as she struggled to rip it off her neck. Erai was shaky, her breath a bit fastened like she was a bird with that plastic from a can holder around her neck-- it threatening to kill her just like that at any moment. Her eyes darted across the room to see if she could use anything-- but nothing!!

"P.. Please...?" She suddenly begged, still trying to get it off. It never did and probably never would. Tears started to fall down her cheeks, as she silently whimpered and cried. Erai gave up, sniffling and wiping her eyes with her palms.

Pathetic Spat the voice in her head, making her flinch out of fear. Her heart started to race, as she just realized...

Where am I?

She quickly scurried out of bed, bringing a light, red blanket around her frail shoulders. Erai opened the door quietly, afraid that she would be punished if she made too much noise. Her mind, though, had reasoned with her- that if this person would punish her, she could easily run away by outsmarting them.

Erai slowly walked down the hall, her bare feet making almost no sound at all. She was a bit cold, which made her grip on the blanket to avoid shaking. Suddenly, she smelt something she didn't recognize at all. It smelt nothing like the plain food her Master would give to her, but instead something new. She wanted to drool, but resisted as she kept walking carefully to hear someone humming quietly...

Soothing.. She thought, the ends of her lips twitching up a bit.. Wasn't that called a.... A.. What was it again..? It started with an 'S' sound.... Erai had paused at the end of the hall, where she could clearly see the kitchen. The person was cooking, there back facing her- as she just stared with caution yet fear.

The person, looked to be male-- his shirt a plain red color, while his jeans were a dark gray. He had on these weird floppy things on his feet, which didn't look like any boot or shoes she's seen at all. His hair was a bit wavy, a light, sandy blond color- with light-colored skin. She stepped a bit out of the shadows, her boy-ish snow hair only slightly swaying- her yellow eyes still able to pierce souls.

Erai sniffed the air again, seeing a plate on the table. It had this floppy thing that looked kinda like bread, it's color a bit tan-- the sides a lighter color, while a golden liquid dripped from it. She didn't recognize any of these delicious smells, which scared her a bit.. A fork and knife was next to the plate, shouting at her to take a bite of the floppy tan discs.

She looked back up at the man, seeing he wasn't paying attention as she sneakily and swiftly grabbed the plate-- not making a single sound as she hid back inside the dark shadows that aided her. She sniffed the food, using the knife carefully to cut a piece off. What surprised her was how easy it was to do so, and the golden liquid seemed to be something which was the real heaven about this dish. She dipped some of the bread on it, staring at if for a moment- before finally placing the whole thing in her mouth.

Flavor bursted through out her mouth. Erai wasn't able to describe it at all, as she then took more of it- (still being careful instead of reckless) - and kept eating. Before she was halfway through eating it, she had looked up to the man-- him seeing her there as he watched with slightly wide eyes.

--------

???POV:

-------

I was really glad I made extra pancakes, since the little boy I had found on the streets was eating the plate I was about to bring to him. He had yellow, glowing eyes-- which let him stick out of the shadows like a sore thumb. I was staring at him, since he locked eye-contact with me. His eyes actually scared me a bit, since it felt like he was staring into my soul.

Suddenly, I realized he actually was the one afraid of me. He had that frightened look smeared all over his face, as he stopped eating. His full attention was obviously on me, senses probably screaming at him to run off back into the room. I calmly and warmly smiled, my indigo-colored eyes softening even more and not showing shock any longer.

"Do you like it?" I asked, the kid actually looking surprised himself- as he slowly nodded. "You can come over here at the table, I'm not going to hurt you." I set down the spatula- stepping a bit closer to him as I removed my apron as well. "You don't need to be scared of me, I'm harmless~!"

The boy seemed to be deciding wether to trust me or not, before picking up both the plate and fork. He set it down on the table, sitting down on the chair in front of me. Now that I examined him better, I noticed a metal shock-collar around his neck-- making me stare at the dangerous thing.

"... C-Can you get it off...?" His voice was high-pitched, almost like a girl's-- but since he was just a child, I dismissed it. I quickly thought of any safe ways to remove the collar on his neck- before a name popped into my mind, that made me sigh.

"... I don't know, but I think my Brother will be able to get it off of you. Luckily- him and one of our friends are coming over tonight." The kid seem to look like he wanted to sink into the ground, making me smile warmly. "Don't worry, they're really nice. But my brother is really loud, while our friend actually scolds him a lot.. So don't get too scared, okay? Also.. If you don't mind me asking- What's your name?"

"E.... Erai.." 'Erai' was hesitant telling me his name, but he managed to do so. I hope he trusts me..!

"Bonjour, Erai! Very nice to meet you~ My name's Mathew, Mathew Williams."

-------

EraiPOV:

-------

Mathew Williams, huh? He's really nice and kind...

"T-Thank-you for saving me, Mr. Williams.." I murmured, smi-- SMILING!! That was the word I was looking for!!

"Oh, just call me Mattie. So-- Can I ask what happened before I got you?" My mind seemed to then thrust all the way back to the past, making me flinch slightly. I quickly found the correct words I could use, as I looked down to the hard floor.

"... I.. I was abused, and used as a dummy to test out experiments from my Master... He started doing it when I was 10, around the time I was turning 11. I'm 14 years old, and my full name is Erai Hotaru... I know the English meaning- but I'd rather not say them.." Mathew looked down, a sad look on his face.

"Ah... I'm sorry for asking... How long have you been with him, then?"

"... He found me on the streets when I was about 3, and took me in.. I.. I don't want to talk about this subject anymore, if you don't mind, Mathew..." He nodded, understanding. I already finished the delicious food, my appetite gone now as I stood up-- blanket still around my shoulders.

"Hey, Mathew? What did I just eat?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. A small, yet joyful smile appeared on his face as he too stood.

"Oh, those? They're called pancakes, and the golden stuff on top of it's called Maple Syrup~!" He seemed happy to tell me what they were, as I remembered those floppy things on his feet

"And those things on your feet?" Mattie chuckled as I pointed to the gray things

"Sandals, I walk around the kitchen with them on since the tile's cold~" I let out a little giggle, as I raised an eyebrow

"That's weird, the tile feels fine to me~!" We both then laughed together, the weight on my chest seeming to lift more and more.

This is nice

O

----------

GUYS IM SORRY BUT I MIGHT GET LAZY WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER. IM REALLY TRYING TO MAKE THEM GOOD AND LONG THO!!!