Chapter 3- High School

Chapter 3- First day of high school

I hadn’t been able to get Chase out of my head since my birthday. I keep have these strange feeling for him. I know they say you should never ruin friendship with a relationship but theses feeling just won’t go away. I mean it’s been a month since my birthday why am I still thinking about this? Beside Crystal likes him to. She has told me many, many times.

Chase and I walked through the parking lot toward the school. Today was our first day of High School and I was glad I didn’t have to go through this alone. I talked to Crystal last night on the phone and she was not coming today since it was a half day.

Chase grabbed my hand as we walked into the school. The once loud noises that were coming from the hall way instantly stopped as everyone turned to look at us. All the girl were gawking over Chase and some of the guys were checking me out as well. I was so not used to the kind of attention. It’s true I had Changed. I got my Braces off a couple of months ago and I had longer hair and legs but that’s about it.  I guess that was enough to warrant this type of attention. Chase still holding my hand pulled me along through the crowded hall way of the school. Pretty soon everyone had gone back to talking and we weren’t the center of attention anymore thankfully.

We made our way to the office for our schedules. The woman at the desk was cheery and happy when she handed them to us. Chase and I compared our schedules. It turns out that we have every single class together. I was very surprised by that, glad but surprised. As we walked to our first class a guy came up to me and introduced himself.

“Hey I’m Adam.” He said hold out his hand.

“Ashlyn” I said taking his hand.

Chase was standing next to me looked annoyed that this guy had stopped us. I love Chase but he took this whole watching over me thing a little too seriously. I stood there waiting for what I knew was to come. Even though it drives me crazy I would never say anything to him because he is my best friend and I knew he was just looking out for me. Besides friendship always come before relationships in my book.

“Nice to meet you. I just wondering if-“ Adam started.

“Forget it dude she isn’t interested.” Chase said cutting him off and dragging me along.

“Chase did you have to be so rude?” I scolded him.

“Yes he needed to get the point.” He stopped and turned to me. “Would you rather me let you get hurt? I am just trying to keep you safe. If you were to get hurt it would kill me. I never want you to have your heart broken. I want to be happy always.” He said sadly.

“I know. I’m sorry.” I sighed in defeat.

“Besides I’m the only guy you need.” He smiled before hugging me.

I knew he would win out in the end. I know to most people it would seem like he was too protective but I admire him for that. At least someone cares enough about me be protective. I was lucky to have a friend like Chase. His friendship means more to me than anything else. He had stuck by his promise all of these years in protecting me and being there for me. He has always been a true friend.

When my gold fish died he helped me plan a burial service. When I was pushed down on the play ground by the school bully he beat them up for me. Even when my grandma died last year he never left my side the whole time until I was better. Who would choose anything over that?

“You’re right. You’re all I need.” I agreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author

Well here it is. It's short but I may add more to it later not sure though. I hope now you can beter understand Chase and Ashlyn's relationship. Please let me know what you thought.

Comment

Vote

Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!