Chapter 1- Fourth Grade

(Chapter 1- Fourth Grade)

“Are you ready for your first day of fourth grade?” Mom cheered.

“No” I huffed crossing my arms over my chest.

“Oh come on it’s not going to be that bad.” Mom said wrapping her arms around me.

“Mom I have braces this year, everyone will pick on me.” I cried.

Mom sighed and let go. “I’m sure that’s not true.”

“It is mom.” I whined.

“Alright enough with the arguing it’s time to get you to school.” She ushered me out of the door and into the car.

The whole drive to school was painfully long. Mom kept lecturing on how I shouldn’t be worried about what everyone will think of me and that I was beautiful with or without braces. I just rolled my eyes at her. Of course she had to say that she was my mom. The kids at school are not that nice. The will probably bully for having the stupid metal in my mouth. I totally tuned her out after she said that I should just be happy I didn’t have glasses anymore to go with the braces.

As we pulled up to the school I started to get a sick feeling I the bottom of my stomach. All the kids were gathered around in front of the school talking with their friends and laughing. I started to feel really nervous as a few people started to stare. My mom’s car always had the problem of drawing unwanted attention. You could hear it coming a mile away. I wish she would fix that stupid muffler already.

As mom pulled up in front of the doors to let me out I braced myself before getting out. After she kissed me in front of everyone and said goodbye I exited the vehicle. Everyone was defiantly starring at me and I started to feel more nervous. I walk through the crowd nervously hoping no one would embarrass me.

I was relieved when I made it into the school safely. On the way to my classroom I accidentally bumped into someone. When I looked up to see who it was I panicked.

“Can’t you see where you’re going brace face? I think someone needs there glasses back.” Scott laughed to his friends. Scott has always been my bully for as long as I can remember. He was sure to make this school year miserable.

“Man what a loser.” Another guy laughed.

“Yeah no joke.” Someone chuckled.

I cried as I walked past them and into the classroom. Why were boys so mean? I had never done anything to any of them but they felt they needed to treat me this way anyhow. I cried as I took my seat in the back of class. Thank goodness no one was here yet. I cried it out until I seen someone walk in. I quickly dried my tears and tried to look normal.

The boy that entered the room made his way to the back row and sat down beside of me. He didn’t say anything as he sat down. He pulled some stuff out of his back pack leaned back in his chair. I heard some laughing and loud noises outside the classroom before HE entered with his friends.

“What’s the matter looser did we hurt your feelings?” They laughed.

“Aww did the little baby need to cry?” Another mocked.

I was just about to start crying again when someone spoke up for me.

“Hey don’t you have anything better to do?” The boy next to me said getting up out of his seat. “Now you either apologize to her or I’m going to start letting my fist do some talking.”

All three of the guys stood there in shock as did I. I don’t who this boy was or why he was sticking up for me but I was thankful. No one has ever stuck up for me before.

“Why should we be afraid of you?” Scott asked.

“Because after I beat you up I will personally turn all of you in to my dad.” He said before adding “The principle.”

I could see the smile growing on the boys face and all of the got a worried look on their faces. I tried my hardest not to start laughing but hey they had it coming. It felt good knowing that they were getting told! All of them suddenly turned toward me.

“We’re sorry.” They said in unison before walking to their seats. “Oh and I better never catch you messing with anyone ever again.”

After they all left me alone the boy that stuck up for me sat back down beside me. I turned to him before I spoke.

“Thank you. You really didn’t have to do that.” I smiled lightly.

“It’s ok, was glad to do it.” She smiled brightly. “The names Chase Hayes whets yours?”

“Ashlyn Wells.” I smiled back.

“Well Ashlyn I think we are going to be great friends from now on.” He stated.

“You do?” I asked shocked.

“Of course and I promise not to let you get picked on ever again.” He said confidently. “From now on I will take care of you.”

I smiled as he threw his arm over my shoulder. I haven’t had a friend since last year when holly moved away. I can’t believe Chase wants to be friends with me and take care of me.

“Why?” I questioned

“Because I feel like we will be good friends. I just have this feeling in my gut. I can’t explain it really.” He laughed.

“Ok friends.” I agreed.

“And Ashlyn don’t worry. I’m not going anywhere. I will stick by you no matter what.” He smiled.

I smiled back and nodded my head. That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. It feels great to finally have a friend again. I knew that from now on things were going to be different for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author

Here is the first chapter! I'm sorry it took so long. What do you think so far???

Comment

Vote

Fan!!!!!!!!!