Epilogue

Epilogue

Lydia looked up in the sky and smile. The sun was out and high in the sky with no trace of clouds in sight. Her pale yellow sundress matched her bright mood. She took a sip of her milkshake at her favourite café as she patiently waited for her client.

She was half an hour early and she didn’t mind it. She had always made sure that she arrived early before her client.

Her phone vibrated on her hand. She adjusted her sunglasses as she read the text from her sister. She hasn’t seen her for two years and she couldn’t help smile as she read the text.

Are we still on for tonight? Is it okay for me to bring someone with me? I really want you two to meet.

Lydia quickly replied a quick ‘yes, that’s fine’.

Looking back up the sky, Lydia couldn’t help by smile. Things are finally going the way she had hoped and dream for.

Johanna had sold her the shop and it’s going under renovation. It was the soul reason why Lydia had been meeting her clients else where but mostly like in the shop a block away from her new shop.

Lydia’s family shop was now attracting more and more customers from tourist to local after the renovation. Lydia still managed the financial of the shop and hiring. Her siblings stand as the manager and supervisor and their mother had finally had a chance to relax and not work.

Checking her wrist watch, she smiled as she only had ten minutes to wait. It was when she noticed the ring on her ring finger. It was an eternity ring given by Harvey three months ago as a promise ring.

Lydia smiled as she reminisced.

“Lydia, would you be my wife?”

Lydia looked at Harvey in shock. She wondered if she heard him right. “W-what?” She managed to sober her sobs as she took two steps back. “Please Harvey, d-don’t fool around.”

“I’m serious Lydia. I want you to be my wife and this time for real. No deal, no conditions and rules.”

“B-but…what about the last condition?”

“I don’t care about that, in fact I’ll throw everything if it means I can have you!” Harvey noticed the hesitation in Lydia’s eyes. Swallowing the lump in his throat, Harvey prepared to say the words that he had been dying to say and had been practicing when he finally see her for half a year ago. “I love you, Lydia.”

Lydia placed a hand on her mouth, holding herself together. She couldn’t help the overwhelming feelings that build up in her chest. She was afraid but happy, unsure but sure at the same time at what she wants and she wants Harvey.

However the fear in her heart was too much for her.

“Please, say something.” Harvey said moment after Lydia didn’t utter a word back to him. He could tell how Lydia battled her emotion and he didn’t want to pressure her but every minute that passed with Lydia not saying a word felt like a thousand years for Harvey and he couldn’t take it.

“I…I can’t. I’m so sorry.” Harvey hanged his head low and Lydia couldn’t help but felt guilty and regret. “I love you too Harvey but…but I don’t think I’m ready yet. We had been through so much and a year passed since we last saw each other. A lot of things changed in a year.”

Harvey looked up and gave Lydia a small reassuring smile. “I understand but I want to let you know that I won’t give up. That’s a promise.” Harvey closed the gap between them and caress Lydia’s left cheek.